tutti frutti scents?

M

michael rouse

at my local carp lake i discovered most of the carp respond to tutti frutti boilies(richworth) but another angler was using another brand of boilie but in tutti frutti.it smelt different.if anyone favours tuttis then please tell me which brand works for you?

D

Dave Rothery

well done for discovering tutti frutti!

all flavours from different manufacturers (not suppliers) "smell" different as they all have a different chemical make up. the thing to remember is that fish dont "smell"in the way we do, does a fish know what a strawberry is? its just a chemical reaction.....

R

Roto Fryer

tuti frutie as supplied to richworth ?12 plus vat a litre available from r.d.campbel and sons in twickenham.

C

Cakey

Tutti frutti is a mixture of fruits so different companys mix different fruits.

C

Carp Angler

little bit different in make up there though Dave.
Apparently, esterized flavours have a smaller molecular size, so they are better able to give off scent when it's cold.

Still a corking flavour though.

C

Carp Angler

Same again Cakey, different make up, the product is mixed and pulped with ethyl alcohol and then the alcohol is evaporated off to give a purer flavour and not just concentrated flavouring on a glyceral base.

I field tested quite a few of Rods flavours etc back in the early days
(christ alive, I'm beginning to sound like Ron, eh up, when I were a lad, blah blah blah)

C

Cakey

Is that why the EA works better in winter than the normal flavs ?

C

Carp Angler

Most definitely, and also why it's considerably more expensive.

D

Dave Rothery

sounding like ron? you aint mentioned south africa or hydrogen powered cars yet.....

C

Carp Angler

so you get the best of both worlds and don't have to play with your flavours dependant on the water temp.
An all year round bait.

M

michael rouse

but..........which brand do you favour.Brands as in Richworth,Nash and.....which other brands do tuttis?

C

Carp Angler

Richworth was the original, probably still the best.
It's just down to the flavour, chuck 'em out anywhere and you're almost guarenteed a whopper...........
(noise of can of worms opening)

C

Carp Angler

Joking aside.......
Richworth frozen Tuttis are probably one of the best instant winter baits available.
Also better if you thaw out and re-freeze the hookbaits at leat 6 times first, letting them sweat up in the bag.

14mm tutti on the hair and a small mesh bag of 6mm tuttis and mini halibut pellets.

As Matt would say "AWESOME ! ! !"