low budget need alarms

nick walkington

Reaction score
does anyone know anything about the ron thompson alrm set . 3 alrms,sounder box and leads - are they any good. I need an alarm set and I have a limited budget.
cheers nick

C

Cakey

Not my cup of tea but at ?33 for 3 alarms,sounder box and leads ,and your on a real budget then you cant lose.

nick walkington

Reaction score
how about the badger set 3 xxt alarms , leads and digital sounder. ?65. I am thinking perhaps the ron thompsons might be a bit too cheap?

P

Philip Smith

If the Ron Thompsons are all you can afford go for the . They may not be as compact or as durable as some, but they are at least compatable, come with everything you need and come with a case for transit protection.
My set of alarms from another cut price company simply didnt last long enough to recommend, no names, no lawsuits. But most of the stuff people buy from them is c***.
One alarm which is British, and solidly built, is the "Good Fishing GFv" and cheap for what you get.
Do a search on that, and see the current deal,if you can stretch to the extra funds.

Lewis Duffy

Reaction score
The best low budget bie alarms in my opinions are the fox micron m's. There only ?20.00 a piece and their brilliant ive had a pair for just over a year now and their excellent value for money!

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Not to dis other items of Ron Thompson tackle, but The alarm I had did'nt even last a season.
I'm not into all the bells and whistles on some of the alarms around, In other words I'm no connoisser (?) but I'd have thought the most obvious feature would be waterproofing and this definately was not. Never dropped it in or anything, I was just guilty of using in the rain a couple of times.

As said earlier, the micron 'm' is probably the very best low budget alarm (and probably knocks a few more expensive alarms down the list).

N

Nick Austin

I'd agree with LEWIS, the fox micron m's, iv'e had mine for a couple of years and they do me fine, you can always buy the sounder box and all the other gubbins later on, and you end up with a much better kit.

J

jason fisher

you could have a look for a set of more expensive ones being sold off second hand.
you never know you might drop on a bargain.

C

Carp Angler

for example.....
there's a couple of Fox MX alarms for sale in the classifieds for ?50

here

D

Dave Slater

I would have a look at the MX's Rik says are in the classifieds if they are within your price range. I use these for my stillwater fishing and I think they are excellent. They have never let me down.

C

Carp Angler

I can't recommend the MX's hghly enough.
I've got 9 of the buggers.
I use the RX digitals for most of my carping and these are permanently left on my Quattro, but I have 3 of the MX's with my 2 rod carp set up. (one spare)
I've got 3 on my tench/bream/roach set up and 3 on my barbel set up.

Definitely a bloody good alarm.

B

Bill Cox

Just like to endorse all thats been said about the Fox m series alarms .I bought a fox M by default because the shop never had the mx ,s i wanted and i have never had a problem in almost two years.I eventually bought some mx,s and they are cracking good value for the money as well.

F

Fred Bonney

I've got a Micron M,it's been in my odds and sods box for a year,a gift,from memory,what batteries do they take?
May come in useful for my Trent evenings!

gary sheridan

Reaction score
try them out and the first sign of problems get rid of them i now most peole dont like cheaper versions of most things but you may be a little suprised with these bite alarms.they may last longer than you think