Wintle's World of Angling

D

Dave Slater

Very informative Mark. I intend to do more roach fishing so this should come in very useful.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Thanks Mark - as informative as ever.

I've set myself a target of a good Avon Roach or two this winter & I was wondering how effective the technique was on the Avon where the usual approach is bread & mash & the volume of fish seems maybe lower than on the Stour so making a bag harder to build up from one swim.

Certainly the punch approach seems more subtle as witnessed by its use on the canals in winter.

I'm looking forward to the legering article.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Cracking article Mark, makes me want to get out there. Can't Until February cos I have to take my wife for radio-therapy every day but it gives me pleasure to think about it and articles like yours make it even more pleasurable. Theres nothing quite like roach fishing to warm the cockles on a winters day is there?

R

Richard Drayson

I have to agree with what the others have said above. In fact, I've printed off the article for reference.

There are some very, very good anglers on this site willing to share their knowledge.
Mark is one of those.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Another informative article showing where a "match" tactic can be put to good use for the pleasure/specimen angler.

I have always found on the Avon that the punched bread can be devastating for the first 40 minutes to an hour.
After this time the Roach seem to "wise-up" and then it is time to change to flake on a larger hook.

Nice one Mark!