Alternative TV

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
You've heard Kevin's ideas, so let's have yours!

I reckon if you put a rod into the hands of a bikini-clad, buxom young lady in waders, angling would be back on terrestrial TV tomorrow.

A

alan outen

you could do a late night show, swap carp and match fishermen over, and watch the show.
we need a show without people catching fish so much, but showing people how to tackle up, tie knots, cast correctly, all the bits that most shows dont bother with

W

wayne biggin

Strip angling is the answer. By the side of each angler is a Miss World contestant. As each species of fish is caught by the angler off comes an item of her clothing. For each fish that gets off, some clothing goes back on........ Well I'd watch it.

D

Dave Slater

Nice one Wayne. It could even make match fishing interesting.

D

Dave Rothery

You could have a reality tv type program at wraysbury/any south east water/etc. violence, backstabbing, drunken debauchery, murders....what more could you want?

C

Cakey

You could move with the times and go digi for better sound and pictures

R

Ron Troversial Clay

You need to create an angling character, someone who looks like Becks with stacks of tattoos, bone through his nose, shaven head, silly little wool skull cap and a diet of vindaloo and strong lager.

He needs to have at least 3 slappers attending his every need in his bivvy, most of which must look as ugly as possible.

Jade?

He must speak unintelligable English, preferably with an East End or Scouser accent.

Not only that, he must spend at least 15 hours a day asleep.

Don't have to look to far. Consult members of the Carp Society.

D

Dave Silvers

Ron - we already have that character in angling.
He's the Trentman himself, the old Splodger Chucker, the Man in Red - Jan Porter.

BTW I can't see what all the fuss is about, angling is already on mainstream television,
It's terrestrial telly thats in a minority.
:eek:))

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Dear old Jan Porter is a Norwegian. Great character he speaks English with a Notts Accent.

He's a darned good angler too.

Problem is, he doesn't have tattoos, is good looking and has hair.

And these days he dresses in Realtree.

N

Nick Austin

i think there should be a series called...
"ASK RON"... where members of the public are invited to "ASK RON" his views on various subjects... i'm sure that would be ammusing entertainment...in fact... ron should have his own "ASK RON" thread!....

D

Dave Slater

Nick,
Or how about a chat show along the lines of "Parkinson". We could call it "Clay". It could be shown on a carp fishing venue near Liverpool.

W

Wolfman Woody

The thought of a programme hosted by Ron is frightening. Either it would cure the country's imsomniacs immediately without resorting to drugs, or increase the suicide rate amongst anglers.

Frightening, truly, truly terrifying!

J

jason fisher

hows about making it a bit more like football everytime some one catches a fish they have to run up and down the bank kissing all the other compettitors in the match

M

michael rouse

it might be stupid but iv seen comics of how angling can go wrong so some out takes from john wilsons show such as when hes stalking a carp and trips there fore spooking the fish and cursing might be the answer.

id love to see angling celebrities falling in the water and generally making fools of themselves.

N

Nick Austin

ok...so..."CLAY".... Interesting conversation between RON and members of the Angling world, with out takes and comical sketches strategically placed for when things get "heavy"... DAVE you could be on first!....