A Strong Fishing Seat Box

PTnymph

Reaction score
I have a old Shakespeare Team Seat Box and it is on it last legs.(fallen apart)

Now it is time for me to look for one.
I have been looking on the tackle market for the last 4 months. I am looking for a good seat box which hold a heavyweight fella upto 30st rating(not that I weigh 30st) and also looking for a level platform as well. I do a lot of feeder fishing on some rivers and stillwaters in the summertime and autumn.

I would welcome any suggestion.

J

jason fisher

shakespear still make em i think if the last one worked ok then why change, you can get the leg systems to fit em.

B

Budgie Burgess

One suggestion..............lay off the pies fat boy!!!!!!!!

A

albert watkinson

i have a shakespear with the octoplus leg system.unbeatable value for money.

W

Wolfman Woody

There's some new boxes out from Waterline that look good see www.gshamstead.co.uk

Try Danson Angling as well. I have one of their boxes. Tel 020 8298 9055.

And don't forget Badger (link on the left).

Most products have a weight limit rating these days with the amount of obesity around. Forget the charts you see in the doctor's surgery, this is what a Triage Nurse told me. Stand up straight, bend head forward and if you can see the family jewels you're okay. If you have to look in a mirror to see them, go on a diet.

W

Wolfman Woody

PS - with GS HAMSTEAD - look under "special offers"!

D

darryl rogers

have a look at the preston onbox bit pricey but very strong the foot plate is realy strong the legs are square and dont buckle with my wait (not that i am that fat)

PTnymph

Reaction score
That why I am looking for a new one. I would like to go back to the Shakespeare but I don't think with my weight it will able to cope with it. I managed to pick up an Octoplus Products leaflet but they look to me a bit flimsy. I was told the main frame is made out of solid aluminum block? Is that true?

G

goff dyer

Andrew, I've got the daiwa plastic box (similar to shakespeare) and i've fitted all the octoplus bits to it, apart from a footplate (cant get on with them).
I'm a fat bxxxxxd that weighs seventeen and a half stone, and i would not swop it for anything.

PTnymph

Reaction score
Goff Dyer would you recommend the octoplus sytstem? It true about the main frame is made out of aluminum block?

S

Steve Andrews

As someone who is around the 30st mark I can recommend the Match Box System. I bought a Pyramid System eary last year and have used it all summer and have had no problems (apart from one of the locking mechanisms melting in the sun). It is solid as a rock. I've used it on sloping bankcs as well as flat pegs. Can't comment on the footplate as I don't have one. Best ?250 I have spent.

Cheers

Big Steve

G

goff dyer

Andrew, i put the biggest frame on my box i think it was the xxl one and the legs are 18 inch with mud feet, been on there nearly three years and not a problem.

L

Laurie Harper

Like Geoff, I have a Danson Angling box, with Octoplus system/footplate. Am very pleased with it - stable and roomy and the Octoplus stuff is plenty strong. The Kiley box is similar (made in the same factory apparently). I only weigh 12 stone, though, so it doesn't have to work too hard...

D

Dave Barringham

Andrew, the sections which attach to the box itself are just hollow box-section ally; the legs are solid (or might have a narrow bore). Strong and reliable.

J

jason fisher

i've got a daiwa box similar to the shakespear that i used to use when i used a box.
i use a chair now though all the time.

PTnymph

Reaction score
Thank everyone who reply on this thread esspecially Goff and Dave.

I had not had a chance to have a look at the mainfame yet but I am going to have a look at the other models before making any decison

John Prendergast

Reaction score
I have the shakey box with octoplus kit and I think its brilliant. I,M about 14st-ish and it will take my weight and more with ease.

I have a fox stalker chair also, and prefer that if I am sitting back gaizing at a qivertip all day but for the flaot or if the bites are coming fast, its the skay box for me.

I think if one has broken on you, they may not be suitable and poibbly a sturdier alternative would be the wiser choice.

John

C

Colin North, the one and only

Heavy, but solid as a rock. I've had my eight drawer BOSS Box for about 20 years now. I've just replaced it with another eight drawer BOSS because they've recently replaced the underslung platform with a flip up platform. I've passed my old box on to my mates son, and I know that he will have many more years wear out of it.

D

Dave Barringham

Has anyone tried the Watercraft boxes? I've got one from when they first came out. (I had a Shakespeare box before that). I remember seeing loads of other people using them (Watercraft and Shakespeare). I haven't had it close to giving up (although I weigh over 12 stone). It sounds a bit silly, but I wouldnt swap the Watercraft for anything. In fact it is (apart from a Mitchell 300) the oldest item of tackle I own. Nuff said.