Angling Times

K

Kevin Perkins

In a typically understated, low-key announcement, AT has made the stunning decision to publish annually. What a bold and audacious move after recently celebrating fifty years of weekly reports and articles. Not for them the problems of filling pages every week, no need to retain ‘guest’ writers, not having to bother with collating match reports, no longer the need for a weekly round up of venues around the country. All those headaches have gone in a trice; Richard Lee and his team are to be congratulated for such ‘Blue Sky’ thinking, which will keep AT out on its own as the one and only annual publication for anglers.

Imagine, a once a year, in depth round up of everything that has happened over the past twelve months. Tackle reviews can be carried out at leisure; long term tests will be just that, proper, unhurried long-term tests. Venue reports can last for the duration of that issue of the magazine; twelve months in one spot will really show up a water in all its guises.

Conservationists will applaud the lack of fifty-one issues and the massive savings in newsprint this will bring. Many anglers will probably miss their weekly fix of plugs for Total Fishing Gear, but some sacrifices have to be made in the name of progress.

All in all a brilliant step forward, just so long as when the next issue comes out on December 30th 2004, it doesn’t have fifty-one times as many pages (think of the poor paperboys/girls) and doesn’t cost fifty one times as much!

P

Phil Hackett

Dave are you ill? You’ve missed a trick here, what the hell are the Circus going to do for info on happening waters now??????

D

Dave Slater

Only just gone on line Phil. How about one issue a decade, or even better one a century. Ban mobile phones as well and the ringmaster and coco would be a distant memory. We can dream !!

K

Kevin Perkins

It can't be a wind up, and must be true, because the Page 3 editorial by Richard Lee clearly states that the next edition will hit the newsagents on Tuesday 30th December 2004. I make that over a year away!!

Kevin

L

Les Clark

Well if you have read it in THE paper,then it must be true,all you need now is to read it in the sun,to confirm.

J

jason fisher

you see i didn't read that because i hadn't bought the paper.