tent heaters

steve doyle

Reaction score
Merry xmas everyone and thank for the help everyone has given me over the last year. Dose anyone know where i can get a heater for my bivvie. I dont want one that burns gas but one i can plug into my 12volt battery pack. Thankyou.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

A tent heater?

Don't be so soft. I've camped out in temperature lower than minus 20 deg C and never needed a heater.

Middle of the Freestate in July has reached minus 25 at times. Much colder than anywhere in the UK

A

alan outen

a camping shop would be your best and cheapest option.
probarly best to take them the dimensions of your bivvy as you dont want one that is to powerfull/not powerfull enough.
the only thing that should be pointed out is that even though its an eletric one it will be hot enough to burn the bivvy so dont leave it where it can get knocked over.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Brings back memories.....years ago we used to burn a candle in a jam jar....just enough heat to take the edge off.....brrrrrrr

Now where is my sun block.......

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Good thinking mate.

Hey, what's happened to your vow of chastity?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Why not get one of the new range of Fox bivvies with the heated walls and floor.....They are supposed to be the dogs b**locks

E

yes and all the water pipes are lagged as well

E

This could be all about actors-- because
the heading for this thread could read Ten Theaters (US Spelling of theatres)

J

John Hepworth

Not sure if the cable will be heavy enough, but Bull Electrical used to sell the guided miscile cable used for surface-surface weapons, in drums of several thousand meteres. Ideal when the car park is some way away. No bull about the cable.