Was Santa Kind?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, did you actually get useful i.e. fishing gifts, or was it the usual array of ties you wouldn't ever wear, after shave for lounge lizards and/or stupid desk ornaments that you will hide in a drawer and only bring out when the giver comes to visit?

Despite dropping heavy "hints" and even e-mailing my wife with the link to Richard's thread listing my desires, things didn't turn out right for me until; I took her into Dave Moody's shop and actually bought my new waders and gave them to the wife to wrap for me :)

So, what did Santa bring?

S

Shrek

1 Fox Floater Special Rod !!!!

Just what I was after and I didn't even have to hint........................ !!!!

J

John Pleasance

I buy my own fishing pressies,it's the only way,this year it was a pair of Aigle(Parcours Iso) boots.

They are not cheap at ?90 but they will keep your feet virtually as warm as moon boots but it feels like wearing wellies,which is what they are, but lined with 4.5mm neoprene.

I can thoroughly reccommend them.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
John, those boots sound like the "business" maybe I can get a look at them next time I am back?

You are so right about buying your own presents - seemingly non-anglers are totally incapable of following even the simplest of instruction :)

J

John Pleasance

I'll show you my rubber goods anytime you like Peter.

Just let me know when you are around.

T

The Monk

did I mention my complete set of 23 Sherlock Holmes DVDs?

I also got some gortex gaters, a few books and the usual socks, slippers, ad nausea etc

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
John,
Now that the family are in the UK I hope to get a day on the Avon this coming weekend.
I rather fancy a day after those big roach we saw in September with Ron.

Monk, which version of the Sherlock Holmes did you get? Was it the Rathbone series?

T

The Monk

no Peter the Brett ones, the Rathbone ones don`t yet come in a complete set, check out pages 7,8 on Ron flyfishing thread, I`ve listed a lot of information about Sherlock, you`ll also find some Sherlock infor in the bait box, I`m a great fan of Connon Doyle. The Brett films are closer to Doyles work in the Strand, the Rathbones ones however are set outside the time period, in the WW2 years, I do however prefer Rathbone

T

The Monk

Doyle wrote 60 stories, well 54 stories and 6 full length features

Granada reproduced 41 for the seies with Brett and only 17 were produced with Rathbone

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Monk.

I have been a Holmes fan'ever since a long overnight train journey when I took a couple of Doyle's books with me and thoroughly enjoyed them.

A must buy for my next personal present.

A

Andy Nellist

I got a pair of skeetex field boots from the Misses (bought 'em myself of course) :eek:)

R

Richard Drayson

I received a pair of SeakSkinz socks and they're brilliant.

T

The Monk

I like Seals and Skinz therefore I should like SealSkinz. However I am a little bit sad. Sorry, very sad.

J

John McLaren

Amongst a few fishing boks bought by my lovely wife was the Mr Crabtree re-print. Interestingly in the first chapter Bernard Venables talks about winter fishing and describes "the mild winters we've been having recently" 50 years ago!

Lewis Duffy

Reaction score
I recieved two shimano nexave barbel power rods and two shimano 5000re biatrunners. I bought these out of the money i recieved.