Cakey

S

Sascha Welsch

Cakey,
Am I correct in thinking it was yourself who modified a couple of the other lads' alarms? There's a thread on the predator Forum asking about the Fox PS alarm's volume and if it can be modified? Any ideas?

PTnymph

Reaction score
Sascha & Cakey please see the thread on Coarse Fishing on How to convert a bite alarms, it on page 2 at the moment.

I have been looking at this especially for an old friend of mine who have the Fox PS pike alarms. I've got some ideas about it but it on paper at the moment.

M

Malcolm Bason

"I build and modify alarms and ext boxes so let me know your needs"

Cakey, in the above connexion, I wondered if you would be kind enough to give me a bit of advice with a couple of problems?

I have a set of SX alarms, and a TXR remote sustem.

(a) One of the SX alarms has a fault: on a drop back, though the alarm sounds the LED does not flash?

(b) On the TXR receiver when registering a bite from one of the alarms (does it on all three) it works but continues to sound even though the actual alarm has stopped? (I switch it off and on again and it resets ok!)

What I would like to know Cakey, is would it be worth having them repaired?

I should also explain that I have replaced them now with 4x RX's, but I could not sell the old ones will the above faults. At the moment, I have them put aside as spares!

S

Sascha Welsch

Sorry Andrew I didn't see you'd already started a thread. The thread was intended for your PS alarms but I wasn't sure if it was Cakey who did them.

PTnymph

Reaction score
Sascha there no need to be sorry!!

All the bite alarms I own is the Dellareed Optonic and the BJ Ghetto Blaster.

I don't own any of the Fox PS alarms and it belong to a friend of mine who is also hard of hearing. Because me and my brother (Budgie Burgess) just only sorted out my bite alarms. I recived my friend bite alarm a few day ago after I told him about my modification on my bite alarms. I told my friend that I will have a look at this problem.At this moment it all on the paper(what bit and peices to buy). Perhaps we could help each others out?? That why I got involed in the other Predator thread about pike bite alarms.

At a later date I would like to try out another idea about connecting 2 or 4 Ghetto Blaster with jack socket into one lead to be connected to a vibration pillow pad for me??

B

Budgie Burgess

The Ghetto Blaster to Vibro Pillow is dead simple,just the same way as we did the sounder box.Just splice all the leads comming from the GB's into one Vibro Pillow.The leads would be a pain though when leap frogging!!!Easy enough to use a transmitter system but pricey as you would obviously need one for each head.

Cakey have you ever built or know of a cheap transmitter/reciever system?

C

Cakey

Budgie last year I built a few 4way ,all blue led's,1/2 mile systems for ?99

a simple audio only system (does not tell you what rod) ?25

Ive also done these with a vibrating motor in (same as used in mobile phones)for the hard of hearing.

Ive also been fitting micro switches to alarms to turn of the internal sound(so only the ext box gives you audio/visual indication)

at the mo I have a range of led's from normal to extreme brightness.

B

Budgie Burgess

Just what I need!For Piking,where the rods are normally spread out on individual rests and the leap frog tactic used wires would be a nightmare.A radio system being the way ahead.Wouldnt need to be able to identify individual rods as "back biter" style alarms are equiped with very visual drop arms.Simple alert to the fact that one of the alarms had been triggered would suffice.Would you be prepared to send me details of the systems you have used? I could then incorperate it into the set up I am working on.A lot of deaf people have asked about this over the years and it would be nice if we could finaly sort it here on FM.

C

Cakey

Budgie im a bit busy at the mo but ill sort out what you need in the next couple of weeks.

PTnymph

Reaction score
Cakey, have you got any ideas about replacing the siren on the Fox PS bite alarms?

I have a look at the Maplin elecrontic website and I think the KU60Q Piezo 3 tone siren is too big to go in the Fox PS bite alarms and I can see something small enough but I don't think it will be loud enough for my friend to hear it. Is there anything else on the website where I can look for?

C

Cakey

I ve yet to see a fox ps so I will get in the local tackle shop tomorrow and see what we are talking about..............

B

Budgie Burgess

Bruv you can still use the same siren on the P and PS alarms.You just have to cut a hole the same diameter as the siren with a Tank Cutter into the alarms case.This puts the majority of the sirens bulk on the outside.EASY!

PTnymph

Reaction score
Yes I know that but measuring the size of the siren eg the diameter and the depth is a bit too big in size a will not fit in the case of the PS alarms.

PTnymph

Reaction score
Impossible because its interfear with the On/Off Switch and the Voulume button and the Led light. I send you a picture of it if you want it. You can't put it on the back because it interfear the on/off toggle at the top when you lift the rod.