Ink cartridge refill sets

B

Bill Cox

Since buying a digital camara i am now printing out a lot of prints.Ink cartredges are a stupid price and i keep seeing refill kits on bidup.tv and the like ,Anyone know if they are worth it?do they give as good print quality.My mate reckons that Asda now do a refill kit for under 12 quid.anyone used one of these kits?

B

Budgie Burgess

Bill I reckon that you can keep a reasonable quality for up to 4 refills with a colour cartridge and up to 6 with a black one.This is on normal paper.The problem is that paper is quite abbrassive and eventually damage/wears the face of the cartridge.For Photo quality on glossy paper I dont know but is certainly worth a go.
All my experience has been with Lexmark printers and cartridges.

A

alan outen

found some of the ink can be watery and for photos can ruin them, what printer have you got?
refreshcomputers.com due a good non gen cartridge that ive had no problems with

B

Bill Cox

Thanks for the info lads,I only have a cheap deskjet 850 but on good paper it gives really good results ,on rip off(there i go again )?1 a sheet photographic paper it is really excellent.My mate phoned me this morning and unknown to me their is now a shop opened near me where you can buy re-filled cartredges and even take your own in for refilling.I will check it out.meantime i will buy one of the diy kits and give it a go.

PTnymph

Reaction score
I have brought some JR inkjet refills for a number of years now. They were messey when using for a few times but once you get the hang of it. It is easy to do.

These JR inkjet refill do cost a bit more than the ink catridge but the refill last longer upto 4-6 times depending how much printing you do. It can save you money in long terms.

Whatever the make of refill ink, make sure you got plenty of blotting paper and cotton wool buds to clean the cartridge.

R

Rodney Wrestt

I use the J.R. kits as well, they are as as easy to use as Andrew says, once you have done it once or twice it's no problem and well worth the savings.

B

Bill Cox

Thanks lads ,Where can i get these JR kits ?and what do they cost ?

PTnymph

Reaction score
Try in PC World or the QVC Shopping Channel on Sky. Even started selling them in the Safeway Supermarkets now! Best to buy them in bigger pack if you so it last longer.

D

Dave Rothery

dont do it till the printers out of warranty though, generics invalidate manufacturers warranties

R

Rodney Wrestt

Bill,
I got mine from Q.V.C. on Sky, but I think Asda sell them as well, can't remember how much though as I haven't had to replace the kit I got for ages, I think it was about ?15 and I've filled the black cartridge 4 times and the colour one twice. I prefer to top up each colour regularly, rather than wait for the printer to tell me the ink's done, you often find one colour is used more than the rest and it's better to keep the sponge in the cartridge from drying out.

B

Bill Cox

Ahh for the luxury of such decadance ,unfortunatly though Cakey I,m not that lucky with a pending divorce looming and custody of three kids two dogs and a mortgage to look after, I need to shop around.I will have a look though when they have finished the site maintanance currently going on.

C

Cakey

Sorry to hear that Bill

still it could be worse Ive been married 35yrs got two boys ,two cats,two cars and a Grandaughter to maintain.

S

Sir Steven Blanksalot

You can get compatable ink cartridges from computer shows very cheap, for my Epson Photo 830 I can get any six cartridges for ?18.

B

Bill Cox

They look promising Les Reasonably priced and free postage cheers for the info.

J

John Hepworth

Viking prices for the Lexmark are the same as the local PC shop.
I have used the refill kit from Asda with no problems(black)