Peter (Elvis) Walmsey

T

The Monk

For those of you who knew my old mate, more affectionally known as "Elvis Pete", He passed away in his sleep on Monday night. Pete was a great friend of 30 years and a few FM members may remember him from the slide shows I`ve given, when Pete would accompany me. His funeral will take place sometime next week, please email me if you require further details.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

So sorry to hear of this mate. The angling world has so few genuine characters these days; and he seemed like one of them.

Pass on my condolences to his family.

T

The Monk

thanks lads, Pete had a drink problem which eventually caught up with him, he was only 51, missed by many of the local lads over here

J

Jack Pike

I know how u feel lost my mates dad new years day give my regards to the family

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Sorry to hear about that Mate --pass on condolences ......
what a waste at only 51...........

P

Phil Hackett

Sorry to hear about Pete Nick, sad loss of a genuine character. Condolences to his family and friends. I know Nick will miss him as I think your Lee will too.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I didn't know Pete, but I know it's always sad to lose an old pal. Condolences to family and friends.

T

The Monk

thanks very much everyone, so kind,

Yes Phil

I`ll be bringing Lee back from Uni for the funeral, cheers mate

S

stuart palfrey

How sad mate,lost 3 good mates when they were young,all in motor accidents one in his teens,one in his twentys and one in his thirtys.

T

The Monk

Its terrible when their young Stuart, it must be aweful for thier parents I think I`d find it very difficult to lose a child. The older we get of course the more we expect to lose friends and family, I lost my last wife a while ago and had lost a few good mates over the years. It should get easier as we get older, but I find it gets worst, sort of leaves gaps in your life.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I think what can be just as bad are those who become mentally ill.

I have friends who today do not recognise me. They are struck down with Alstheimers Desease.

This is a terrible thing.

T

The Monk

yeah thats true Ron, its an horrible disease
and terrible to see a friend suffering from it.

G

Gary Knowles

Jeeze Monk not Elvis Pete !!!!!!

I'll never, ever forget the slide show where we first Christened him 'Elvis'. I don't think I've ever laughed so much in all my life.

I didn't know him really, but he seemed a great character. There are so few left in angling these days that can see the funny side of everything and not take themselves too seriously.

People like him will always be missed, that's for sure.

T

The Monk

cheers Gary, yes mate you named him, he was a great lad, never an ounch of malice in him, we all miss him down here, i`m just getting a bit worried at the moment only the postmortum lads still havent let him go yet, maybe they`ve got to drain him out first?

J

john conway

Condolences Monk to you and your mates family, 51 that's quite young makes you sit up a bit and think about your own life, but from what you've said about Elvis I'm sure he'd like a good old Irish Wake type send off.

T

The Monk

he`d love that John hahaha, he could drink for England. They still not released his body yet?