ATTN: Members of Wigan & District Angling Association

K

Karl Miles

Hi all

I hope I've picked the most appropriate forum for this...

I'm interested in joining W&DAA mostly for access to the Leeds-Liverpool canal nearby for both myself and my girlfriend, but am having problems finding information, etc., and would like to contact the association before parting with cash.

I have tried a local tackle shop who sells the season cards, but he couldn't tell me anything except when he was open so I could go and give him some money!

I've seen the website, but that's not been updated for a while. I'd like to know what the rules are, where all of the current waters are, etc., etc.

Hopefully somebody will be able to help me out?

Cheers
Karl

T

Terry Comerford

Karl, I have a few contact numbers for the WDAA, I will email them to you.

K

Karl Miles

Cheers Terry, I've mailed you with my address so that you can send the details.

Thanks
K

J

John Hepworth 3

The site also list's a good number of tackle shops where membership can be taken out

Milo

Reaction score
John

I'd seen the website, which didn't look to have been updated for a while, so I wanted to confirm what waters were available, the current rules, etc. Some of the shops listed have shutdown, but the general concensus is that I'll find out what I want to know, when I give somebody ?20!

If I'm honest, I'm interested mostly in the Leeds-Liverpool canal (for the moment anyway), but the other waters would be a welcome bonus! The thought of driving home afterwork and pulling up and doing a couple of hours sounds great to me as I finish around 3pm!

I'll just bite the bullet, and get two tickets in the morning (one for me, and one for the missus!)... going to NWAC with a mate to help find him some new toys :)

Cheers!

D

Danny Lancaster

I live in Pemberton, just a few seconds away from NWAC. The lads in there are very helpful indeed and will be happy to give you all the info you require.

Alternatively, I used to buy my "centre cards" from the bailliff on the bank. I think the lads name was Joe Rennox? I think there will be one or two bailiffs on the Crooke to Gathurst Stretch around the 1st Feb weekend as there is some sort of Super Cup match being held there.

Tight Lines

Danny