Australian Coarse Angling

martin close

Reaction score
Hello to all at Fishingmagic, great to find a site to share ideas on. Down here in oz the coarse scene is very small but dedicated, and is manned 90% by ex-pats. We have a VERY limited range of tackle available unfortunately but we make up for it in innovation and experimentation. There are a couple of local laws that cause some grief to new arrivals (such as the law on Carp). The local aussie anglers are starting to come around now to the tactics and gear we use so hopefully the products will start to appear on our shelves, until then any shared info is welcome. If anyone would like to know more drop me a line and i'll answer as best i can. Also if anyone knows of a business that will mail to Aust please let me know, i'm desperate!.

Martin

F

Fred Bonney

Martin,welcome to the forum,give me a mail if there is anything specific you want.
My brother is coming over from Perth this weekend,so could possibly bring something back!

L

Les Clark

Martin,where about`s are you in Oz,I have faimly in Queensland?

A

Andy Nellist

You should suggest they introduce wels catfish to cull the carp :eek:)

J

John McLaren

Judging by Rex Hunt I thought Coarse was the standard angling type down there! :0)

Just joking, welcome aboard FM.

martin close

Reaction score
Hello all

Thanks for the welcome, your not wrong John, when the local baitdrowners hear you target Carp amongst others, things can get a bit coarse, but they're learning slowly.I'm down in Melbourne Les, about 3 days drive from Qld, the fishing's not as exotic but just as much fun. Andy thinks Wel's cats are the answer, down here they net them and turn them into liquid fertiliser called Charlie Carp!!.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Kia Ora Martin
Hi from over the Tazzy.

Sounds pretty familiar to what we live with here in NZ