Perch

Norman Williams

Reaction score
Lately while perch fishing I've found that the ones I've been catching have been spilling loads of milt out is this unusual for this time of year?
Is this due to the unusually warm temperatures ???

J

jason fisher

i've not noticed it before. then again i havent noticed it now either.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

are you sure it was milt and not you spilling your coffee down your leg ?

D

Dave Slater

Norman,
As far as I know perch spawn fairly early, sometimes in early May, so you could well be right if they take a long time building up to spawning.

Norman Williams

Reaction score
Had a perch today 3lb 13ozs can not break into the 4 zone here in the North West is there anyone out there had a 4 in the Noth West of England Maybe we need the crayfish?

Norman Williams

Reaction score
While fishing my local s--- pit last summer i thought i had foul hooked a crucian alas it turned out to be a 4lb terrapin, while using the disgorger to remove the hook from its tonsils it snapped the plastic dizzie in two. Do these things normally grow that big ,it was one nasty bastard.

Norman Williams

Reaction score
An old angler was in my local tackle shop complaining the 2 top sections of his pole were jammed tight. The dealer asked if he had got the pole wet last time he was out, he replied yes. we suggested he use washing up liquid in future. 2 weeks later he arrived back in the shop,we asked how he got on.He said he had ruined a 30 peg match on the local park by applying the liquid while sitting at his peg,there was 4foot of bubbles covering the lake,match abandoned.Beats the wee wee foam every time

Norman Williams

Reaction score
I have a Hardy Anglers Guide Coronation Number 55th edition printed in 1937 is it worth anything?

Norman Williams

Reaction score
Fishing holes in the ground(being commercial carp fisheries).Has anyone heard of the candle method.Throw a gallon of pellets in attach the candle on the line with no weight eventually the carp go into frenzy mode and hook themselves, through the weight of the candle. It seems to be all the rage in my area . Last match was won by Florence Nightingale with 99lb of mirrors, has anyone tried this method,i think it would get on your wick after a while

Norman Williams

Reaction score
The River Alt on Merseyside is now pollution free and has been restocked,with chublets,dace even carp does anyone have any news on the revival of this river.Years ago it was swarming in bog rolls,johnies and irish labourers ear muffs.I was speaking to the River Navigation guys who informed me, that the only problem of fishing access is with the local farmers, who some wont even allow them on site to inspect the river.

Norman Williams

Reaction score
Cack a man doodah,Ever fell short while outfishing and nipped into the bushes. years ago the Guiness from the night before had done it,s dirty deed . on my arrival back from the bushes a rather big police officer past me and informed me he was going to dig for worms in said bushes I made a hasty retreat only to hear screams which were not with delight but with the --ite all over his brand new all in 1 suit.Life really is a bitch sometimes

Norman Williams

Reaction score
Hybrid ? I recently caught a crucian which was the full shape of a cruee but it was coloured blue,silver and bronze, in this particular pit there are two large koi carp whos colour is mainly orange with black markings, any ideas?