Winter Carp Fishing

L

Levi Jones

What are the best boilies to use in the winter on small lakes that are under pressure all the time ?

D

Dave Rothery

maggots.....

any boilie will catch, find the fish and dont put too much bait in.

i've used richworth tutti's, mainline grange/activ8, solar top banana - all are going to catch fish that are feeding, maybe dynamites pop ups worth a try.

but maggots are my no.1 when i can use them..

N

Nick Austin

I swear by trigger ice boilies, on my small club lake they r tops

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Its a good question Levi, but a tough one to answer unless the person answering actually knows the venue and thats the problem. Unfortunately these days with commercial carp fishing leading the way, each water may vary with preferred baits due to who is sponsored and what baits he uses and if he fishes the local lake or not, what tackle shop is closest and wants to sell bait etc or who's kicking off a serious pre-baiting campaign. The trick is to get down to the lake and ask, then ask some more then some more.

Most of the commercial baits work well in the winter. I'd say keep to a named brand such as mainline or solar or one of the bigger names, this is not based necessarily on best grade etc, but more based on amount being thrown in etc?