to bone idle

Tex Aitken

Reaction score
Hi all
I fished last Sunday and blanked.
I fished the using the feeder I was getting a bite a chuck but could not hit them, if it was not bites it was liners which told me the fish are moving and should try mid water but I could not be bothered to set up a wagler so basically it was my own fault.
How many of you have been in that situation, knowing you are fishing wrong but to lazy to try something ells?

Kevan Martin

Reaction score
Most of the time Tex!!, especially when it is raining etc, I just can't be bothered to get up and make the change that could make the difference. I put it all down to being lazy.

T

Terry Comerford

Tex, try popping a floating bait at different levels off the feeder, before changing tactics.
Pellet,bread,and flash fried corn, are all buoyant enough to pop up at various levels.
You can cover all levels then without changing tackle/method.
It could well be the feeder was the right method, but the fish wanted a bait presented above the bottom.

Tex Aitken

Reaction score
thanks Terry
that sounds good advice concider it tried.
could you explain flash fried corn please

T

Terry Comerford

Fry a handful of corn in oil/fat for one minute the grains become buoyant.

Tex Aitken

Reaction score
I will try it thanks Terry, it will make a change from using floting maggot and castor

Kevan Martin

Reaction score
Tex,

Given your situation about getting a bit a chuck and not being able to hit them. I think that I might have lengthend my hooklength to about 4 feet. If this did not work then I would have shortened the hooklength to about a foot. Then, if all else failed I would have put the feeder on a semi fixed loop to ensure that the fish picked the bait up it would hook itself.

But, we can all fish a great match after the all out.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Tex,

Regardless of whatever session I am going to fish be it a match, pleasure or specimen outing, I always have at least 3 rods set up in my holdall/quiver.
One is a feeder set-up but easily turned into a lead rig, the second and third are always float rigs, pre-shot and ready for use.

For a match that will be fished on the pole I have 3 or 4 top 3's or 4's set-up with different size rigs for full depth, on the drop and mid depth situations. Similarly, I always have 2 or 3 short whips (2-4m) set-up for close in bagging on the smaller fish.

Thus armed you can easily and very quickly switch rigs or methods as the conditions and fish demand.

Hope this helps.

Tex Aitken

Reaction score
Hi all thanks for the tips. If that was a match I was fishing I would have done something about it.
Terry I tried your flash fried corn it sank like a stone, when mrs goes out I will try frying it in active-8 then pellet oil, it will probably stink the house out and I will be mr popular again