Back With The Flow Part 1

D

Dave Slater

I enjoyed reading the article Andy, a very good read. Nice chub that one, and very friendly too by the sound of it. I know Walker's stretch, although I don't fish there much myself, and some of my friends have caught big chub there. How are the hands now? I look forward to reading part two.

J

john conway

I enjoyed your article Andy didn’t realize you could get Silstar Match above 6lb bs, the highest my tackle shop supplies, used it all the time on the river Lune for my bream fishing. How high does the bs go with Silstar Match?
I'm looking forward to part.

A

Andy Nellist

Dave, my hands have continued to improve and now cause me few problems in fishing terms. It's been a long haul back from the low point when I was registered disabled in 1993.

John, Silstar Match or W B CLarke Match I suppose I should call it comes in one higher strain than 7.9 and that is 10.1 which I've rarely seen in shops. It's a great line and I use it for all my daytime fishing.

J

jason fisher

a good read and a few good fish what more could anyone want.
i know what you mean about learning the hard way andy i was in the same boat.
looking forward to the next part it'll give me more to think about i'm sure.
have you read the sounding out for an end of season on the thames thread yet andy i don't seem to be getting much interest and i know your down here.

B

Barry Fleming

Andy,
It is hailstoning outside right now. And I was haveing doubts about the Ribble fish in. After reading youre article I've had another think and can't wait to get out there. You never know.

Another good article on chub.

A

Andy Nellist

Jason, not sure what i'll be up to at the end of the season yet but at worst I'll certainly pop down and say hello.

Barry, if you fish even in poor conditions it makes you appreciate even more when conditions are right and its always worth going as the next piece will show :eek:)

G

graham hepworth

Congratualtions on a chub of that size Andy, a clonking great chub and caught as a result of your own thinking making it even more meritous.

A very enjoyable read and I'm looking forward to part 2.

B

Bill Eborn

Andy
I often think winter chub fishing is about triumphing over discomfort - you have obviously done that and then some.

It demonstrates the virtue of giving up the weed too. I'm a fortnight nicotine free now and I haven't killed anyone. Thanks for the encouragement.

Bill