They Think it's all Over.............

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Have you ever watched this show and wondered why somebody hasn't give Jonathon Ross a smack?

Mind you, he does insult people with such style!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I think J Ross is brilliant on it .....as was his chat show.

I often wonder how he and Nick Hancock get away with some of the things they say about people without any lawsuits being taken out......

S

Shrek

His radio show on Saturday morning on Radio 2 is good for a laugh as well.

J

John Hepworth

Perhaps the producer should identify himself, then we know who to insult about angling not being featured on terestrial (analogue)TV.
I really do object about having to pay through my TV licence for the BBC to spend money on TV programming (and other media)that I can't receive without paying extra to either view or listen to.
Bit like coarse anglers contributing to the stocking of our rivers with migratory fish!!

C

Chris Bishop

Listened to that the other morning and it was pants. I reckon we ought to start Radio FM...

We have a team that could rival the BBC ~

Diplomatic correspondant - Ron Clay

Diet/fitness correspondant - Mark Barrett

Defence correspondant - Dave Marrs

any other suggestions..?

E

John ,
Thats a bit unfair isnt it --he's a producer of programmes --not the man with the purse strings

You wouldn't have a go at the girl who works in Tescos filling the shelves about where they buy their bananas from would yo

J

John Hepworth

Nick Hancock - licence. Don't know if it was a gaff on the E/A's part, but he was on the cover of a Catch magazine with the caption "Don't forget your licence".
Eddie, Only joking about the insults. Producers yes, but they ARE part of the system. A system which, almost, totally fails to recognize angling in the UK.
Most forward lookingcompanies / organisations value the opinions of their staff. Some even reward them.

E

What a pity we cant do like the French do --If they don't like something they ALL get together and demonstrate and get it changed ....
Like you I object to the TV licence --If everyone got together and refused to pay it I'm sure we could force some changes---but we are too soft in this country ,we will put up with anything

C

Colin North

We could do what the French do, gather together and protest. There the similarity stops, since the powers that be in the UK would simply ignore us.

I don't want to watch fishing on the bloody telly anyway, I'd rather go a do it!!!!!!

D

Dave Rothery

ok eddie, but then we'd all be moaning about ads on bbc, who'll pay for the radio stations etc. people moan about the licence, but then give murdock ?40+ per month...

E

I reckon BBC should have advertising ....that would bring in revenue instead of the licence

and No I dont have sky (I cant afford it )

D

Dave Rothery

"that would bring in revenue instead of the licence"

the same, existing revenue would just get shared with 5 channels, not 3, so programmes would get even more crap!

martin close

Reaction score
Interesting comments here about licences and media coverage. In Australia we don't have any TV licences, the revenue being from advertising and you do get a lot of crap, plus the ad's can get a bit dire at times. Occasionally seen coarse angling programs on pay tv late at night, but apart from that it's non existant. About 4 years ago i went to see the Aust Coarse Angling championships held near where i was living, absolutely no media of any sort, no trade stands or tackle dealers, apart from the 30 odd anglers and a couple of their kid's i was the ONLY spectator. The good part is being able to chat to the anglers as it was all very laid back and relaxed, not bad for a comp that chooses the aust angling team for the world champs!.

The lady mentioned in the BBC link at the top here Sandra Scotthorne, is she related to the great Alan?.

J

jason fisher

she's his wife martin.
originally sandra halkon hunt, the woman who brought goretex and bright coloured clothing to the match sceen.
she's also on top of that a very good angler

W

Wolfman Woody

"In Australia we don't have any TV licences" That's why we buy crap like "Neighbours" and "Home & Away" from the Aussies. I love em really, but only because they are absolute rubbish and the acting's better in a school nativity play.

Years ago (name dropping again, Woody) I met with Bill Cotton Jnr who used to be head of Light Entertainment (brought us Morecambe and Wise and good stuff). He convinced me that the BBC was better off being funded the way it is. If they ran adverts the cake is only so big and with all the others sharing they just couldn't afford to produce big dramas and comedy shows (Only Fools etc.) like they do.

We may not always like what they do produce, but they are independant of any other market forces except the public. So if you want it, write in and demand it. If there was 14,000,000 angler demanding fishing on Saturday night, the Beeb would run it.

Compare if you will the programme quality between all the BBC channels (and radio) and that of SKY (what of SKY?). Nuff said!

J

jason fisher

you see the problem with sky is you get all the rugby an all the fishing programs an you can avoid the soaps by not watching the crap channels that they are on and there's plenty of comedy programs, admittedly i've already seen all the comedies once when they were shown on the bbc first time round.
but the improtant thing is it gives you the opportunity to watch some thing entertaining. which for the last few years isn't an option on terestrial tv.
and as for terestrial sports coverage what do we get football yawn, horse racing yawn, err that's it then bbc sports coverage finished.