tragedy strikes

J

jason fisher

if anyone finds a clear shakespear tackle box about the same size as a large fox box containing 40 or so plugs some spinners, spinner baits and spoons crammed into it in the didcot/ dorchester on thames area please can they let me know, it's mine and it's got nearly my whole lure collection in it.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I hope you get it back Jason,

I once lost ?300 worth of bass lures and my whole collection of colour slides ( over 5000) in one burgulary.

J

jason fisher

now here's a heart warming story.
reported the loss to the police and then to my insurance company (loyds tsb) after a couple of weeks of doing the leg work phone calls to insurance company who said i had to supply a full list to bennets, because it was lures bennets couldn't deal with it (i had provided a list of the closest matching lures that i could find on the harris angling site for my quote anyway)so i was told to get a quote from harris angling.
quote provided by a very helpfull matt from harris.
resulting in cheque from tsb and phone call today from harris to say lots of lovely rappala's on their way to me with more to follow once harris get them back in stock.

so though i've lost my original colection in cluding the only 2 lures i've ever caught annything on. i will be in posession of a lovely set of brand spanking new lures quite soon.

J

jason fisher

the insurance policy to cover household plus extras and accidental damage (i.e. if some clumsy oaf stand on your rods they replace em) is about 18 quid per month and they do no claims discount up to about 40%.
i'd certainly recomend it to anyone who's not got their tackle insured yet.

D

david bruce 1

Merv
Surley you'll let him have the two back that he catches on - you know the ones with hooks attached - sorry Jason couldn't resist it after your good news.

B

Budgie Burgess

Result Jason! Ive lost my lures twice now.Once due to a break in to my car and once due to leaving a wife for the local tart! (then leaving the tart!)No sympathy either time and no insurance either.

T

tom riordan

Well done Jason, It is good to here of a genuine claim to an insurance company for lost tackle. There are that many fraudulent claims it is getting hard to get insurance cover thats worthwhile for tackle.

J

jason fisher

i hope they turn up tomorrow i can spend all afternoon in a nice warm house faffing with em then.
as i went today and all i could catch were bits i'm staying in out of that horrible cold north wind.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Really pleased for you Jason mate, it's a rotten feeling when things go on a walkabout.
good luck with your new gear.

L

Les Clark

Being the wrong side of 50,saga deal`s with my car and house insurance,the house insurance cover`s my tackle(fishing) away from home up to the value of ?5000 .

B

Budgie Burgess

Hmmmmmmmm Cakey if I send you the number you can grab my Plano lure box and Zziplex rods while your round there! In fact she only lives four doors away from the ex-wife (might have been part of my downfall!) so you could do the double and get my antique reel collection back as well!! Women-Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

L

Les Clark

Budgie,what a silly billy,shiting on your own doorstep,spring`s to mind.

B

Budgie Burgess

Yes very true Les.Of course now Im a born again Christian it wont ever happen again er cough,choke,
Might be even worth a thread of its own this
"How kinky and bizzare would the sex have to be to sacrifice your favourite tackle?"

I like to think of it as my "mid life crisis"! Even brought the Porsche to go with it!

D

david bruce 1

Here's a sorry tale.
Went fishing Saturday. Well that's what you might call it. The Dane was almost back to normal level but the banks were heavily eroded (quite normal for the lower Dane)a mixture of sand and mud. Struggled to get down a 12 foot drop to a dodgy perch (no pun intended) overlooking a likely swim. Tackled up and first cast - in to a tree I swear wasnot there a minute before. Pulling to free it my bag from behind my legs fell over on the slope and all the contents headed riverwards. Threw myself to the floor and stopped it all going in. Quickly exited that spot. New location on a sand bank. Settled in and looked at my almost new landing net. Why was the net 6 inches away from the handle? The threaded ferrule in the end of the handle had come undone. Luckily I hadnot put the net over the stream or that would have disappeared. The super cheese paste lovingly crafted from blue stilton and puff-pastry mix (who recommended this?) woulnot stay on the hook. A quick winding of staw around the shank helped a little. I thought I'll try that tin of expensive marine pellets I brought as an alternative bait. I could only get every 6th to stay on the hook without breaking and then I had no confidence in it staying put. Gave it all a try then decide to move upstream to a favourite hole. Followed the recognised codes stayed close to the bank and had my rod tip pointing backwards to avoid digging it in if I tripped. Chased by geese en- route I caught the tip in a Hawthorn bush and snapped 4 inches of the quiver.
Got to my favourite hole only to find the bank completly washed away and a steep slippery 8 foot drop to the edge. Ah well fish from above the spot and let the ledger roll down - now let's sort out this rod - specs missing , sh*t I have dropped them somewhere on the field - a lucky guess - dropped when the rod was snagged. Fortunatly true and I recovered them made repairs and started fishing again , that is if dangling a probably empty hook is called fishing. Got visited by 6 angry geese but fended them off. Move location several time and got thoroughly muddy but still no sign of the chub (or barbel - dream on). Couldnot even find a juicy slug to hang on the hook. Then the black clouds came over and depite my dash for the car I got drowned and my recntly healed broken toe started to play up again. All this in a few hours. Then when I got home all she said was 'your back early' having given me much slak for suggesting going in the first place. Lady Luck owes me one I recon and hopefully I can cash in next time. (I wish)
Tight Lines :)

jp

Reaction score
.....don't come anywhere near me David, just on the offchance it might be infectious........

I have to say I don't understand the probs people have with cheesepaste, it's always seemed to me to be a perfectly simple process.

What size hook wouldn't your cheesepaste stay on, and was it too soft or too crumbly or what.

P

pons

Sounds a truly horrendous day David,and as for Budgie B,well there for the grace of God go I ,except I drive an Intergalactic Audi,which has done more miles than Captain Kirks Starship,and is still going strong,unlike its present owner.

JP,Try Superglue for the pellets,loctite gel is best,and as for that smelly cheesepaste ,well my boilies seem to attract every Chub for miles around,particully when I am Barbel fishing.
Chris.