polaris

V

vincent blake

could anybody give me some advice on how to hit the same mark when casting with the polaris float.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Why specifically with the Polaris? Are you having problems casting accurately with just that float?

V

vincent blake

Thanks for the reply Graham, it's not so much the direction, but the distance.
Because as I am fishing the feeder with my polaris I want to concentrate my feed in the same area. The line clip is out because of the way the polaris works, as you know.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
One solution to your problem is to tie a piece of pole elastic to your line and clip that up each cast. It's a bit fiddly but it means you can clip up and unclip without losing the distance because the elastic stays in the same place on your line.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Another alternative is to cast to your swim, tighten up, and then paint an inch or two of your line between butt ring and reel with Tippex. Then every time you cast you draw back till the painted bit is in the same place each time. You need to cast as close as possible to the same spot each time or the feeder will empty as you draw back if you have to draw back too much.

V

vincent blake

Thanks for your help I'm sure that will work I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on
Cheer's Vin

P

Paul Baxter

have you tryed a wide elastic band on your spool after you have made your distance it works for me and if you get a bigger than expected fish line will slip under the band so you can play it but don't forget to put the band on from the back of your spool by removing spool.