underwater korda video

A

Andy Bird

it's the one shot on horseshoe lake , with all the underwater footage ,

C

Carp Angler

Stu,

I'll order it tomorrow for us to watch in France.

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Got the DVD but seems a bit dodgy in production (like its been ripped from the video).

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Excellent vid, just wasny sure if my place of purchase had puuled a fast one or not.
It does ask as many questions as it answers and expansion on some of these in a thread I think would be beneficial, for instance, the tench 'rubbing' on the rig (testing?) fascinating stuff.

M

Malcolm Bason

Tim, I have a theory that I cannot substantiate regarding the tench rubbing its flanks in close proximity to the bait.

We all know that fish have a very important sensory organ along its side called the 'Lateral line'. Biologists state that a fish can detect minute electrical currents in the water and also functions as a kind of echo location system that helps fish to identify their surroundings. I am wondering if it is possible that fish use the lateral line as some sort of means of communication? Could it be that the tench that was aware of the rig then warned others of possible impending danger?

L

Les Clark

Malcolm, They must be able to communicate to be able to shoal up ,where at other time`s they are solo,or is that "just instinct"?

M

Malcolm Bason

It really was interesting they way the tench did it Les??? I can't understand why it did it, just surmising really.

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Got to agree about the lateral line being as detection, however surely to rub as aggressively as it does may be too much for sensing.

What if ... the tench was somehow 'marking' the rig with maybe some kind of glads along the line. Spawning fish rub up against each other in a similar fashion, maybe there is more to it than just getting into position to fertilise eggs ? Pheromones ? Danger pheromones?

Scary thoughts.

I've kind of known/suspected carp 'lie' on rigs to test them, but this sometimes looked like a fish recognised the bolt rig and rested its 'chin' where the line should be. If the bait is held down when it sucks it knows all is not right.

More scary thoughts!