2nd Annual Southern Fly Fishing Day

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
2ND ANNUAL SOUTHERN FLY FISHING DAY

Saturday 26th June 2010

From 9am
Haywards Farm Trout Fishery, Theale, Berkshire RG7 4AS
(Just off Jct 12 M4)

Only the venue is "Southern", all are welcome! Last years small but perfectly formed event was a great success with superb weather and plenty of trout. Have a look at this report which will hopefully whet your appetite:

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/blogs/neil-maidment/223-southern-trout-fish.html

The venue and lunch time pub are the the same for this very informal gathering for anyone who fancies a bit of "fluff chucking":

haywards farm trout fishery

Wadworth pub in Station Road, Sunnyside, Theale, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4BE

Various combinations of ticket options are available including Catch & Release. The lakes are a good size and hold some stunning Rainbows and Browns.

Please indicate your interest on this thread.

Thanks.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I am a novice at fly fishing but I would like to go but I'm not sure my legs would be up to all that walking, 11.5 acres wow! do they supply buggies Neil? ;)

I have to have a balloon put in my leg vein shortly to help stop the bad cramping in my calf and if it works I might consider doing this mate assuming novices like me can go of course.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I am a novice at fly fishing but I would like to go but I'm not sure my legs would be up to all that walking, 11.5 acres wow! do they supply buggies Neil?........ ;)
...... I might consider doing this mate assuming novices like me can go of course.

Everyone is welcome, last year saw Claudia land her first ever fly caught trout and it was Simons 2nd ever trip. Sue had trout in the net from about 20 yards away from the car park - before the rest of us were tackled up! I can make arrangements to park very close to the bank side if required!

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

I'm a possible at the momment Neil.

Does the fishery allow wading?

No, no need! The lakes are pretty full at the moment and the trout tend to be on the inside. You will need boots though as the gently sloping grass banks are a bit damp in places

Muffin

Reaction score
You can put me down to attend Neil, although I must now be classed as an intermediate fly angler (no excuse for being abysmal at fly fishing now!) as I've joined a club locally with trout lake, so have been about 10 times so far this year, although I must say my casting has still not improved!

Simon

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
If this is still on I'm a possible....the date rings an ominous bell though I can't for the life of me think why at the moment. Though its not far from me I've never actually fished it.

I hope you can make it. Looking forward to meeting old and new friends on the day.

Tight lines,

Peter.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Not too much interest in this as yet!

Anyone out there fancy a good days fluff chucking?

Windy

Reaction score
I'd love to but I'm afraid I am working that day and the boss is a real martinet.... ;)

(How did you both do yesterday btw ? :))