Unity at Last?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Is this move towards unity what anglers have been waiting for all this time?

Could we actually be singing from the same hymn sheet at last, or will one or more of the bodies involved spit the dummy and think they're big enough to go it alone?

Lots of questions. Let's hope we get the right answers.

J

john conway

Speaking form experience, rights of ways etc remember the “open Access” debate? We had several meetings with the government and they would only listen to one body representing a specific interest. We as anglers have to unify under one body otherwise the government will horse trade between the individual bodies to get what they want out of it or simply not listen at all. One body representing over 2 million anglers, no government can ignore that many voters.

W

Wolfman Woody

"Hope" is the key word here. There's no reason why it shouldn't happen, but I'm sure there will be some self-interest within one of the organisations and they'll, as Graham says, "spit the dummy".

Not sure that there are 2 million of us, but there could be if we all tried to get 1, just 1, other angler back into the fold. There must be over a million of us out there that just don't go fishing any more and it might just be that it's too much trouble to find out the latest rules, methods, places to fish. I don't think any Governing political party could ignore 2 million voters and their supportive families.

T

The Monk

unfortunately John, the government will only speak to one representative body, unfortunately, angling still appears to be struggling to find one

A

Andy Nellist

All the average angler ever see's is a lot of political infighting and nothing could be a bigger turn-off.

To move forward you need to find common ground and work together.

T

The Monk

how about making that common ground Angling or am I being nieve here?

Bruce Kerby

Reaction score
It would seem at long last we are moving foward to a more unified body.One question i will ask at the risk of a shed load of abuse, have we ever had a politician on our side in days gone by ? im only a nipper a mear 44 , and fearful of all things political but............can we trust em??

T

The Monk 2

"It would seem at long last we are moving foward to a more unified body",

didnt someone in the NFA say this in the 1920s?

Yes you can trust them Bruce, but if your not too sure, then why not get involved, angling is always on the look out for good men to fight in its corner mate?

J

jason fisher

is this unity before the nfa pull out of the naa or after