Carp Society

D

Dave Rothery

Used to be that it felt like you belonged to something, decent mag every few months - now its perceived as a bit of a horseshoe/langholme club. i used to do the fish-ins etc to pay for the clubhouse/teaching centre...what happened to that?

C

Carp Angler

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

can't say too much about fund raising or monies from times past, too many people with fingers in pies and a penchant for lawyers.

The Carp Society as an organisation was well past it's sell by date 2 years ago.
It shouldn't be, any organisation with the good of the angler at heart should be applauded and supported, unfortunately the CS is not, nor ever was, one of those types of organisations.

D

Dave Rothery

just read a friends copy of carpworld - mike kavanaghs posing the same question. will he get an answer at the agm? hmmmmmmmm....

T

The Monk

The Carp Society does provide a significant financial committment toward the health and wellbeing of angling en bloc, through the SAA, which ultimately benefits all!

F

Frothey

sorry monk, your a bit behind the times. they stopped funding for the saa and moved it to the countryside alliance. without consultation of the members. i know a lot of people weren't too happy about that....

T

The Monk

shows how much I`m in touch these days, cheers Dave

thats amazing and bloody worrying, I used to be the polical rep for that lot!

F

Frothey

if you beleive it (and it makes sense) there is a belief that, basically, anyone could buy the carp society (as its a PLC)and horseshoe, and theres bugger all you could do about it. if you want to stop it happening anyway....;)

donations to me!

N

Nick Austin 2

hmmmm.... i thought about joining the carp society.... but i think now that they have joined forces with the CA the numbers will dwindle even more..... irrespective of your views on the country side alliance, it's a big move without consultation.. and why join up with an organisation which has nothing to do with angling?

Richard Poole

Reaction score
we are that cheesed off with the society in the midlands we have set up our own group to arrange slide shows and meetings and it is going down well with local anglers we had 90 people attend a slide show by jim shelley the other week

B

Budgie Burgess

What happened to the CAA? CS only ever wanted your money IMO.

C

Carp Angler

Well done Richard.
Hope it stays a success.

What is your group called and what are it's aims?

S

Steve Neck

As I paid (along withothers) to buy Horseshoe in the first place and paid for a two year extention, which ran out last year (I think), I should have some sort of claim as part owner, mmmm I wonder ??

pooley

Reaction score
we are called the east midlands carp study group, our aims are to arrange slide shows,talks and social events including fish-ins primarily for local anglers but everyone is welcome,we run on a membership basis which entitles members to loads of discounts from local tackle shops plus a few bait companies, we have only been up and running for 3 months and so far have 42 members, 4 tackle shops offering discounts as well as 4 bait companies, it's early days yet but so far so good.

pooley

Reaction score
to carp angler:
just so you know have altered my name on forum from richard poole to pooley