Badger Classics

S

sam oddy

After seeing this company's adverts in just about every mag I've seen in the last few months I looked up their web sight this morning.

The prices they ask are certainly mor than competitive!! Has anybody any experience of buying from them? What's quality like etc etc. I am looking to buy a few things and would normally like to visit and view but they strenuously point out they are not open to the public.

Cheers

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
If they get your order right it seems to be good gear. I have just bought a stainless steel goal post set from them. It took them a couple of goes to get me the right bits, but it's well made and they are pleasant to deal with. Sorted my problem in 24 hours (although that's no excuse for getting it wrong in the first place).

G

Glenn Miller

Sam,
Despite them being mail order, I have been round their new premises and had a long chat with some of their staff.
They are expanding quickly and hence some of the ordering cock ups but all the gear I looked at was good quality and they even refused to sell me an item at the time as the supply from the manufacturer was not up to the right standard.
I also exchanged an item which was wrong as I had cocked up the order and they changed this for me with no problems.
In short if you don't mind not having designer label gear I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Glenn (Big Band) Miller

A

Andy Bird

Sam , i've brought several items off them, the most recent being the mega bed chair. Quite honestly for the money i can't fault them.

S

Stephen Booth

Dont buy any stainless stuff, because what they dont tell you is, is that it goes rusty!!!!!!!!!!

R

Rob Brownfield

How can stainless steel go rusty!!! It canr be stainless...and therefore breaches trading standards!

R

Ralph Abbott

I have bought several items from Badger

Carp pellets excellent value and seem to catch.

XL bite alarms very good for money, good LED position.One set of batteries 5-6 good days use.

Have also sent back Bivvy table bought for present, as it was not very well made. Sent CCard refund by return no problems.

With regard to stainless steel all stainless steel will rust where it has been machined or cuts I recall it has something to do with the chromium burning out?.

R

Rob Brownfield

I seeee....but I thought the purpose of stainless steel was to use it as it does not rust...I will ask one of the piping engineers here..lol

M

Mark Tullett

Sorry Guys, certain types of stainless do rust you need to make sure it's Austenetic (as opposed to Martensitic) stainless....don't think most tackle manufacturers would appreciate that though!
Why do you need stainless anyway........tackle tarts the lot of you! I've used alumininium banksticks particularly the solid point type for years, much lighter too!

P

Pete Chilly

I ordered 3xxts and sounder box.sounder box arrived but no alarms, 4days later I telephoned them, received alarms by return post.2 of them didn't work properly. I sent the whole lot back and asked for refund, 2 weeks later still no refund.another call and they promised to sort it .I wait in anticipation.

R

Ralph Abbott

Only making the point as I hate to see misinformation, I to use banksticks.

Seen to many unanchored pods moving across the bank with anglers giving chase.

Livens up the day though!

Being the stainless bore that I am I also know that if you rub wire wool or in fact any steel against certain stainless steels then it will leave a deposit that will rust. So be careful how you clean any of your tackle, you tarts!

S

Stephen Booth

Yes it something like that. I know that it goes rusty as my mate had the ss big wheeler pod. It rained the first day he used it, when he got it home the damn thing had began to rust. Not good :(

Steve Booth

M

Michael Hall

Has any of you bought the 5kg bag of Terminator boilies from Badger if you have how did they do and what flavour were they?

Thanks Michael.....

T

Tom Craven

After waiting 4 months for some 13'padded rod sleeves they eventually arrived and are of excellent quality.
Not so good was a chair sent to a friend where the cover split at the stitching almost on the first trip and after some altercations and threats with the company eventually had a new one sent.
Stainless bank sticks are excellent.

S

Stephen Shaw

I bought the terminator boilies [strawberry] from there internet site advertised as 16mil. arrived as 22mil. They only do them in 22mil. didnt do any good on them at all
I also orderd some other items which took nealy 2 months to arrive due to 1 item being out of stock which I had to send back anyway, have now waited for 4 weeks for them to refund me
Also orderd the big boy bed chair, which was extreamly heavy they exchanged this for the cheaper one which was much better, but becouse of my size, found it uncomfy, which i returned at the same time as the above, still waiting for the refund
The xxt alarms were good value and so was the trypod, But I wont be ordering from them again.

M

Mike Ashcroft

Have had boiles and tackle from Badger Classics, and I've had no problem!!
The boilies worked, the tackle was good, and delivery was better than expected. SO there!!!

T

Tom Craven

Blue boilies from Badger (alliteration eh??)
As a winter attractor bait apparently v.good.
Recommended by several friends.
Think I'll stick to Tails Up though!!

K

keith reid

I bought the Badger deluxe carryall . Lokked good and seemed ideal. However , on yhe 1st outing , 2 of the zips , including the main one started jamming. The main one now won't work at all. Only used it once. The local shop where I bought it are taking it back. Back to fox , Nash etc for me.