licenses in Ireland

chef

Reaction score
hi all could you tell me what licenses are needed in Ireland as I am going soon and the people i have contacted have not replied to my e-mails any info please

R

Ron Troversial Clay

In the Irish Republic, you don't require a license to do any form of angling except migratory fish such as Salmon and Seatrout.

The licence for these species is quite nominal I beieve.

Northern Ireland is much like England.

S

Stephen Mc Cormack

Where are you fishinjg in Ireland, if it's in the Shannon area there are permits required for some waters now it's 35 Euros for the year I'm not sure how much the 21 day permit is and I think it comes in a few other options. sheck ot the shannon regional fisheries board website at www.shannon-fishery-board.ie
If its anywhere else and it's coarse fishing it should be free but there are a feqw waters that need permits, good idea to check out the Central fisheries board website www.cfb.ie and at the bottom of the page click on regional boards this will take you to the web pages for all the different regional boards, should let you know if the water needs a permit. If it's Salmon you'll needa salmon Licence and a log book and Tags for a tagging scheme that's in operation the last couple of years.

If you let me know where your going i'll see what info i can find out for you.

S

Stephen Mc Cormack

also if you could teach me to spell that would be quite handy too.

These damn Irish keyboards !!!

chef

Reaction score
hi stephen iam going to killaloe any info on that area?

S

Stephen Mc Cormack

Hi again some more info taken from the central fisheries board
www.cfb.ie

they have an angling update posted out every once in a while

The contact number below might be worth a try as they seem to contribute to the angling update on a regular basis and cater for Anglers from the UK coming over.

From Aug 03
LOWER SHANNON AREA

ShRFB reports for TJ O'Brien, TJ's ANGLING CENTRE KILLALOE Tel: 061 376009 reports for the lower Shannon area.
Fishing has been good on the lake swims on Lough Derg's southern shores and islands. However weather conditions were a factor at times with fish switching off when conditions were very bright. Best results were had early morning and late evening. Ogonnelloe on Lough Derg provided good sport for anglers targeting Bream. The East Clare lakes fished well in places. O'Donnell's shore on Doon Lake produced plenty of small fish.

LOWER SHANNON AREA

ShRFB reports for TJ O'Brien, TJ's ANGLING CENTRE KILLALOE Tel: 061 376009 reports for the lower Shannon area

There was superb bream fishing reported from the Lough Derg lake swims around Killaloe. A group of 8 English anglers, led by Roy Hicks fished on the lake for 4 days and had over 2700lbs of fish, fish were typically 3.5lbs to 4lbs, best fish was over 8lbs. Prospects look excellent for the week as weather remains warm and calm. Twomilegate is fishing very well early morning before the sun comes up.

The East Clare lakes was mentioned with some good early morning tenching reported on Lough Bridget. The 'early worm catches the fish?, you are unlikely to get good tench fishing past 9am in the morning this time of year, so you'll have to get out bright and early for best results.

More later