A public apology

J

jason fisher

I feel i must make an un reserved public apology to mr Timothy von Seld for my actions yesterday.

After ably hooking playing and drawing into the net his first ever pike, a fish which i estimate to be somewhere between 14 and 16 lb.

it was left to his Iddiot mate to lift the net from the river thames and take the fish to the unhooking mat.
I was his mate, While lifting the net form the water something happened which caused the pike to flip over the front cord of the landing net back into the river, inthe process shedding the hooks where it wallowed, righted itself and then with one flick of it's tail disappeared back into the depths of the river.
As you can imagine i am absoultely mortified and feeling rather stupid.

F

Frothey

you aint going anywhere near my net at burghfield mate.....

R

Rodney Wrestt

Oh dear, Jason, I think your public admition and apology should clear the air.......but you ain't netting one for me either :eek:)

T

The Dog

Loosing the odd fish at the net is inevitable just thank your lucky stars it wasn't his first 20 :eek:)

PTnymph

Reaction score
Sorry mate. Go and stand in the corner and write thousand lines " must be more carefull when netting other people fish".Oh by the way you ain't netting mine either!!!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Are you sure you can be trusted to net your own ......

J

jason fisher

i didn't lose it at the net it was in it, i was lifting the fish from the river when i flipped it over the lip.
and i still cant work out how it happened.

P

Phil Hackett 2

Jason Sh1t happens!
A mate of mine more years ago than I care to remember, once pinged with the cord of the net my first carp from Roman Lakes. The fish rolled and swam away.

Nowt you can do about it mate!

B

Budgie Burgess

Jason nothing compared to the humiliation of netting your clients first treble only to have it promptly turn around and swim out of the landing net whilst he has put the rod down to go and get the unhooking/weighing gear!Fortunately it stayed attached so I was able to have claimed netting two trebles when we got back to camp!

PTnymph

Reaction score
Jason, there nothing bad enough except when you are fishing alone and just about to landing your personal best fish when all hell broke loose when a mobile phone start ringing...

T

The Dog

I once had a fish take maggot at 110 yards on a bar at night whilst i was fishing for bream. It weeded me and not not knowing what i'd hooked i went out in the boat and after a full 10 minutes managed to get the weed off the line and free the fish which turned out to be a decent pike. Twice I netted it and twice it tail-walked out of the net. At the third attempt i managed to collapse the net and row back to the shore with it. She went 16lb 4oz and was hooked inside the mouth not the scissors on a 4lb mono hooklink.

The winter before one of my mates landed a 2lb + roach on a 2" hooklink and size 20 hook to 3.3lb mono. He left his line in the margins while we weighed the fish and weghen he lifted it upthe water erupted. After a mad fight he landed a pike which went 16lb 5oz (same water/different fish)hooked neatly in the scissors with a 3 inch Perch hanging on the hooklink.

Some fish you are just destined to land despite the odds and others will escape you regardless of the fact that you did everything right.

Thats fishing :eek:)

A

Ashe Hurst

Had a net snag as i slipped a nice bream over it. Couldnt lift the net an inch and the bream slipped the hook and rolled out.
5 seconds later the net was free & I suffered the verbal abuse of my mate for the next few weeks.