NEW VIRUS ALERT!!!!

• Thread starter ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)
  • Start date
E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I've just received this from my ISP (Blueyonder)

blueyonder Announcement of Jan 27 2004 13:29
Submitted by : Alan Godfrey
Department : Security & Abuse

A new mass mailer worm has begun to start propagating around the Internet in the last day or so. This worm is known as "MyDoom" or "Novarg", and more information can be found about this on the BBC site
at:

http://tinyurl.com/2t6bk

This worm sends to e-mail addresses found in a specified set of files on customers' PC's, and we have added some filters to the blueyonder mail platform this morning to trap as many copies of this worm as possible.
At present we are blocking around one of these e-mails per second.

More information along with removal instructions on this category 4 [severe] threat can be found on Symantec's website:

http://tinyurl.com/ytj5e

We would like to remind customers that they should always ensure that they are taking advantage of the benefits of running up to date Anti Virus technology.

Regards,

The blueyonder security & abuse team

F

Fred Bonney

All you out there without a virus catcher be carefull not to open any email saying 'postmaster non delivery'.
My Norton caught it and placed it in quarantine

alan

Reaction score
its a good one, its whole purpose is on a certain date its to do a mass email attack against ms and take out their server and site, after that its self deleting

P

Phil Hackett 2

Hell's bell's I'm sick of this one. I've had over 20 e-mails blocked and destroyed by my service provider.

Anybody else getting the same thing?

F

Fred Bonney

I'm getting a number titled, from Microsoft,which their not, saying download this patch now.It's a virus!

J

john conway

I'd 150 emals bounced yesterday at work, I wouldn't mind but I never sent them in the first place. Our IT dept update the company's Virus checker twice a day.

alan

Reaction score
John, the emails didn't bounce, its a way around the anti virus program, the virus is in the attachment, what meant to happen is, you look at it, open the attachment to see what email bounced, and open the virus instead.
most people just delete them, but some where some dumb blond at work will open them.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Fred
Microsoft NEVER send e-mails ---they come as direct updates