Catching the impossible

richiekelly

Reaction score
just picked up a copy of the angling times and read that channel 4 will be screening catching the impossible at 7am from 13 june,

Rickrod

Reaction score
Thats good i look forward to watching it

frippe

Reaction score
what a queer time, 7am, next doors dogs have only been barking for 2 hours by this time I still have at least an hours sleep ahead.

I'll be watching, seen the first two and am pleased to see a quality fishing programme back on our screens.

can't wait

A

alan whittington

Apparently Bob the timing is due to lack of confidence of good viewing figures(it may be repeated possibly if a reasonable response is given),so Nigel Botheway hinted on 'fishermans blues' on Sunday morning,as you say it will be nice to see a decent angling programme on terrestrial television again.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've only seen the first three episodes and would like to see the rest. In all honesty though i just wasn't really impressed with the first three. Maybe it's because I was expecting another passion for angling which i just love to watch over and over again and literally never tire of watching it.
I like Bernard Cribbins in impossible and think his commentry is second to none but ain't really a fan of Martin Bowler.

Noel80

Reaction score
Feel the same as you tigger. I've got all the series (I asked for them as presents etc). It's clear they worked incredibly hard and they caught fantastic fish but I was a bit surprised how 'clunky' some of it was. No real pattern to a lot of episodes. Random features with kids and guests. It seemed a bit all over the shop.

I should say that I think the first set of 3 are the weakest.

I thought Cribbins in front of the camera was a bit annoying sometimes too. Loved him on Passion.

Some of it felt quite amateurish (which is surprising because Hugh Miles is a world class film maker). Shots of Bowler playing fish, unhooking it, getting hooks caught in the net, faffing about with scales and weigh slings etc seem to drag on. Too many "sex" noises when playing fish too.

Positives are the incredible underwater images. The best episode of the whole lot is the final 'bloopers' episode. Not really bloopers but "fish that got away" etc. Just great fun and light hearted.

It's still definitely worth watching (7am?!) but Passion for Angling is in a completely different league of its own.

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

I should also say that compared to the garbage that R*bson Gr**n put out it's fantastic to see a more positive side of angling on terrestrial TV.

My criticisms may seem harsh but I think my expectations were too high. They're not "bad" films by any stretch of the imagination. But there is some stuff on Sky channels that are just as good imo. I was expecting a bit more.

Stick_Float

Reaction score
I really enjoyed them all, it's not beating passion but it definitely is an excellent advert for angling with some stunning fish caught and brilliant underwater footage.

7am is an odd time, but I dare say it will be repeated if it is a success, and at 7am in the morning a lot of young kids will be up and hopefully this will appeal to them too.

tortoise100

Reaction score
I really want to watch this and have seen what there is out there on you tube but there is no chance I will out of bed at 7am on a sunday I didn't watch tv when I was a kid till at least 8 .

As you can tell I am not a dawn fisherman .

Ok maybe it is time to try and remember how to work the video unless they will be putting it online as well .

davestocker

Reaction score
watch it again on 4OD

according to the Channel 4 website, the show will be available to watch online, through their on demand/watch again service (4OD), sooon after broadcast. So enjoy the lie in!