Kevin Nash Hooligun Rods

S

simon hall

Lads, A while ago I was chatting to a guy over my local water that had 2 kevin nash hooligun rods. I had a little cast and play and they felt great. They are normally ?100 on all the websites amd mags i've looked at but I saw in the anglers mail 2 weeks ago J&K Tackle in oxfordshire are selling them for ?50 with ?8 post and packing for next day delivery. Bargain I thought. Just wondered if any of you guys has these rods or tested and what are your views. The write up seemed pretty good. I have ordered 3 at 2 and three quarter test curve. I only fish for cats normally and not a tackle tart. Only getting them as my mate has bought my other rods off me. ps don't tell my missus.

C

Cakey

Sell the missus and turn into a tackle tart like the rest of us.....

C

Carp Angler

I've seen them in my local tackle shop and had a good look.
They seem ok, better than the Outlaws and probably on a similar par to the Fox Rangemaster.

S

Stuart Dennis 2

if you only fish for cats Simon, is that test curve suitable for all your cat fishing?

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Simon,
I had a pair of 2 nd 3/4's...Stu turned me into a tackle tart nd I sold mine...I thought they were the dogs thingies tho...

S

simon hall

stuart, I had a 43IBer on my last rods and they were 2 and 3 quarter test curve. it's the way I play em, he he he.
I have now got the rods from J and K tackle and the first eye on the rod is a lot further away from the reel seat than I remembered. Looks like I will be doing some long range casting? They do look the dogs danglies though.