Feeders

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron Troversial Clay

Good article Phil. You have brought up much food for thought.

I have been thinking that the ideal feeder for say barbel fishing on the Trent needs working out.

When the river is running full flood and tide, it often takes a 4 oz watch lead to hold bottom. If you want to put some feed right next to your hook, it's a bit of a pain to keep casting stringers and PVA bags. Not only that, it's darned expensive.

I have often moulded a stiff groundbait mixture around a watch lead. And it has worked. However I think that something better could be created, without the hassle and expense of PVA.

Ideas anyone?

P

Phil Hackett 2

Ron the answer to your problem will appear this week. Graham has the article.

Place your bets on how long it will take some manufacturer to go into production of them.
Might even be a carp lead producer as well. Also like to claim they designed it, who knows???? But the people who read this site will know different, won’t you!

You saw it first on this site and it was designed for river fishing, all other claims will be impostors and variations of this theme. Oh and BTW they do work on stillwaters, as I’ve also designed some slightly different for this purpose.