Feeder Leads

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron Troversial Clay

The only problem I see with some of those shapes is that they may have a tendency to snag up amongst the huge rocks that exist in the most barbelly stretches of the Trent.

T

The Dog

Certainly a bit of food for thought there chap. I for one will now be making my own in future :eek:)

F

Frothey

ask your friendly local car tyre place for some lead - used wheel balancing weights ;)

P

Phil Hackett 2

Ron
I've not as yet lost any in the rocks on the Ribble. And boy is it rocky!

All leads on the Ribble get snaged up and I find that if it's rocks they are snaged on, a slack line and a move down the river 20 yds to give you a different directional pull usually free's the lead.

It's also noticable that more feeders are lost than leads.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Ron,

I was reading "Buller & Falkus's "Encyclopedia of Coarse Fishing" at the weekend & there is reference in the float fishing section to a "Ron" lead!Its a lead which winds on to the line when you want to lay on overdepth & avoids the need to pinch on shot.Should we honour you as the inventor?

PS are we seeing you in Hampshire at the season's end?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

we used to use a piece of lead wire for that ---by winding a piece around your disgorger or similar like a spring
then you could add or remove as you wanted

Les

Reaction score
hi phil, when i was talking to you the other night it somehow escaped me that it was your article we were discussing, i went to the waa section of river we talked about, i lost a few of them little feeders i showed you, i will get kitted out to make my own as i for one cannot afford the losses the ribble incurs.

les