Easy DT water?

C

Carp Angler

Looking for a reasonably easy day ticket runs water, where I can meet a few buddies for a social with the chance of a fish or two.

Anywhere in the SE quadrant would be good.

Suggestions anybody?

F

Frothey

cottington hahahahahahhahahahahahaha
wintons - a "bit" expensive
monk lake (nr.maidstone)still fishable?
alder lake still day ticket?
darenth complex? strawberry fields?
elphicks?
thought you were fishing whitevane?

B

Budgie Burgess

How about Wylands near Battle,E.Sussex? Real easy and a choice of lakes.
Dave,thought they had stopped the fishing at Monk Lake but I dont go there so cant be sure.

J

jason fisher

whelford pools it not exactly south east but it fits the rest

S

Stuart Dennis 2

Budgie, I heard the same about Monk Lake since an angler beat up the poor old sod running it.

Wylands for location suits rik?

F

Frothey

nickolls leisure, hythe? 2003 bcac venue - just make sure you take plenty of leads ;)

C

Carp Angler

when I say SE, I mean anywhere from Dorset to the east coast and anywhere from Oxford down.

Big area.

Wylands for location suits Rik?
Suits fat lardy Stu more like.
2 minutes from work for you.

I'll check out Wylands, but thought it was more of a match/pastie venue.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Should be dead on for lard arse then.

C

Carp Angler

Wylands doesn't look too bad.
Brooklands I've heard a fair bit about as well.

Does anybody have direct experience of either?

B

Budgie Burgess

I forgot that Nicholls is now a day ticket!As for Wylands Ive fished there a couple of times at this time of year.A mate of mine was quite keen on daytime Carp sessions.Bit more productive than the Ballast Pit at this time of year.Fish from 8lb-20lb easily caught close in on float fished caster.Always had a dozen+ no matter what the conditions (old specimen lake) My mate used to fish conventional carp style and didnt catch as many of the smaller fish as me but used to average 5-6 fish a day.

C

Carp Angler

Sounds ideal Budgie.
A few fish, more if you work hard.

I think we may give it a go and report back.

S

Stuart Dennis 2

Shut It Wol, or I'll tell everyone that you rang me up yesterday morning bleating and crying about what Mr Ponsford said about you on the other thread and how you wanted someone to stand up for you based on you not wishing to get involved yourself!

Not really mate, I'd never tell anyone that! (shhhh... our secret yeah?)

S

Stuart Dennis 2

I fished Nichols pit two seasons ago Budgie, like an inland sea (superb) but fear it woill be too hard for a runs session this time of year don't you think?

Oscar The Grouch

Reaction score
I was recently told that Furnace Lakes in W. Sussex is a cracking day ticket venue(can do nights aswell). Am thinking about giving it a whirl myself. If anyone else knows any useful info, I would be grateful!