CSL

M

michael rouse

i recieved a bucket of SBS baits CSL pellets with a subscription to advanced carp a few months ago and wondered is it best to use them now(winter) or in summer?

D

Deecy

No good for Pike or Roach Michael or are you fishing for something else now.

D

Dave Silvers

"Step aside and let them show the way"

or put it another way,

ask a teenager, while they still know it all.

Seriously though Michael
I've always found them to work well in warmer water, but like all things in fishing I'm sure someone else will have had great success with them in colder weather.

O

Ozz

Hang on to em Michael till about mid april then start to use them

M

michael rouse

Deecy,have you ever tried fishing a CSL pellet for pike or roach???it probably wouldnt work but you never know.Anyway i was hoping to use them for carp hence the "i got them free with advanced CARP fishing".

F

Frothey

any fish will eat csl pellet michael, just cos you got them from a "CARP" magazine doesnt make them a "CARP" bait, they are pig pellets by the way - doesnt stop carp eating them.
On the odd occasion i've been out lately i've used a small bag of them with maize popped up over the top.

Try a slow retrieve and colour them flouro orange for the pike.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

And just to bring up another old chestnut. Look for your nearest cattle feed dealer (I live in Greater London and my nearest was only 3 miles away!).

Whole sack of CSL pellets - ?4.50. Couldn't use them as hookers, but they did grind down well so I made some boilies out of them. Worked quite well actually, although I did tend to fish high density lakes last year.

B

Birds Nest 2

I like to have some CSL liquid powder or pellets in most of my groundbaits

M

michael rouse

Is it worth glugging CSL hookable pellets because mine dont smell of anything.

F

Frothey

how do fish smell? (and anyone that answers "terrible..."!) think fish, not human

M

mark wallis 3

I have just bought some CSL pellts and some Hi-Attract pellts from SBS and received some CSL hookers free with some glug inside. I Poured the glug over the hookers and they smell ok. You can use the CSL hookers as a winter bait due to the amount of leakage from the glug. Also received 1 litre of CSL liquid which i will use in my method mix or i will mix it with the pellets and spod it out. You could also try adding some CSL to some sweet corn as a hook bait works great. Hope this helps.

M

michael rouse

Mark,Iv never tried glugging baits but how long should you leave hookbaits in glug for?

M

mark wallis 3

I have been told my a few people that the longer you leave them in glug/soak the better they work. I have had some boilies in soak for about 6 months and there still ok. These baits worked well for me when the going was tough over the last couple of weeks.