Raygill

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron Troversial Clay

Nice piece Eddie on the capture of your big brown.

E

Eddie Caldwell 2

Thank you Ron. I was really pleased with the brownie but that monster pike was some fish. I can remember catching jacks up to four or five pounds when coarse fishing and feeling awed by their teeth and power. What a 37 lb must be like on the end of a line defies my imagination.

Thanks once again.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

And that does it. I am off to Raygill on Sunday for the day.

I have just spoken with the lady on the phone and she explained where it is. It's a bit of a battle with the traffic from Rothers but if I am up early Sunday, I should make it by 8-00am when the fishery opens.

Anyone who wants to join me come along.

It's on the border of Yorks and Lancs and thank goodness she told me they fly the White Rose of York.

There might be a problem with Scousers, Mancs and inner M25 ers. This is prime Yorkshire territory. They are very proud of their heritage there and the lady involved speaks the most lovely Yorkshire accent.

I'me really looking forward to it and I am sure "Rose" my car will relish the drive.

Whoo hooo!! Big trouties ahoy!!!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

What!!!

I'll bring me bloody shot gun.

Can't have Lancastrian Monks in the the lovely Yorkshire village of Lothersdale. Sounds a darned sight better than Accrington, Ramsbottom and Oswaldtwistle!!

Oswaldtwistle...... I ask you??

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

The Monk and I will probably arrive with a Skull and Crossbones ---
It could be known in years to come as the Battle of Raygill

T

The Monk

Lothersdale, I was there in the summer, pennine way crosses through the village, in fact I had a meal in the Waggon, end of the M65 (its only just in Yorkshire, and thats on a good day)).

T

The Monk

or the battle of Lothersdale, a mighty gathering of the Shire forces.

T

The Monk

we`ll come armed with a boatload of those Judas Cradle thingys

J

jason fisher

i won't be coming to help ron unfortunately i've got to go piking on the thames on my new spot on sunday, i got your email thanks for the advice on fly fishing, they didn't win the war of the roses though, we have proof, we won so much land of em we had to pile it up to get it in that's why yorkshire is so hilly.

as for the fish well done eddie brown trout are a beautiful fish, i've never had one on fly yet but i've had a couple of accidental wild ones while coarse fishing thames tributaries a really big one must be a fine sight. and the best thing is they're native fish too.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I'd love to beat my PB on UK Brown Trout which stands at 41/2 lbs on the fly. I've caught them much bigger of course by other methods.

My best African brown is 11 1/2 lbs from a lake in the Mpumalaga mountains some 13 years ago.

Raygill might be the place. Although I shall be delighted if I get a few nice rainbows.

Fly tying tomorrow, preparing for the big day.

Whooo Ooooh!!!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

So what's it to be then? The Battle of Lothersdale. 6 weights at 30 yards.

Are you walking up Monk or shall I pick you up?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Oh by the way way Jason, they didn't win the Wars of the Roses. We took over. Yorkshire is about 3 times the size of Lancashire..... ;o]