Partiblend

A Wayne

Reaction score
After reading around about cooking partiblend I cannot find a definitive way to 'cook' it best. Some say soak overnight others say boil for 5 mins? Plz Help

Dazed and Confused

C

Carp Angler

With any mix of seeds, then you have to cook the mix the length of time that the longest cooking seed takes, if that makes sense.

So, Partiblend contains hemp and hemp needs 24 hrs soak and 30 mins boil.
So that is how long you should cook Partiblend for.

M

Mark Spod

I've used Partiblend for the last 12 years simply fill your bucket (in my case an old 10kg basemix bucket)2/3 full of seeds (Haiths Redband is the doggies)and then fill to the top with boiling water put the lid on and leave to stand for 24 - 36 hours.

C

Carp Angler

Partiblend and Red Band are two completely different mixes.
Red Band contains no hemp seeds and also contains mini pellets and a lote more rape.
Cooking Red Band as you described is fine, doing the same to Partibelnd is not.

F

Frothey

there is a blend similar to partiblend, something like a "euromix" with no hemp, just soak overnight. personally i think you need the boil to release the oils....

C

Cliff Parkin

After cooking partiblend is there anything you can add to give it some extra appeal,Hempoil? or flavering you would add to your base mix. I have soaked partiblend for 4/5 days till you get the lovley milky soup, would adding boiling water help?

C

Coops

Much as I hate to disagree with old Carp Angler (how you doing big boy?) I don't think you do need to boil partiblend for 30 mins just becuase it contains hemp.

Hinders, the original supplier of partiblend, recommend a one minute boil then leave standing for 24 hours to release the natural sugars.

The reason to cook hemp for 30 minutes is to cause it to split. In a particle mix like partiblend surely this isn't necessary.

C

Carp Angler

then why include the hemp if you're not going to cook it properly?

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
Or you can do it the easy way. Buy yourself a slowcooker from Argos for ?20. Fill it 3/4s full of seeds and fill almost to the top with water. Put it on 'slow' before you go to work and when you return the seeds will be perfect. No need to soak. No worries about boiling over and so long as you don't forget it for a week! the timing is always right. Whats more because there is no evapouration the seeds retain a lot more of their natural aroma. Hemp smells like the stuff you buy in a tin and this method produces the softest most suculent maize I've ever seen. The best thing of all is you can do it in the shed and avoid any domestics.

D

Deecy

Get bucket with sealable lid, put in particles and boiling water 3 to 1 ratio (3 is the water)leave overnight after sealing the lid. Works at home or on the bank.Not for use with nuts or maize just particles like hemp wheat groats adzukis etc

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
Thought that was you on the photo. How are you mate. Missed your input into the club mag. congrats on the big fish you caught. If I've got the right location (roughly fifteen acres through a fence gate with other waters all around) I'll be fishing there this spring, permit-permitting. Also intend to have a go for the Bream further down the road. If you still have a ticket ring me, I spotted some big rudd, though knowing you, you probably know about them already.

Deecy reminded me, He's right, for parti-blend only fill the vessel 1/3 full with seeds and top up with water because the larger particles swell a lot more than hemp. sorry for any confusion.

C

Coops

"then why include the hemp if you're not going to cook it properly?"

Does it matter if the seed isn't split? Do the fish care? Does it do them any harm? Does it taste different?

Don't know the answers but I wouldn't think it matters much in multi particle mix.

A Wayne

Reaction score
Cos that's half my weekly allowance from my Dad gone then !!! :'(

M

Mick Andrews

My version is probably a bit between the two. Get a coolbox rather than a bucket (the insulated plastic bucket type) pour boiling water over the mix and put lid on and fasten it. The coolbox keeps the heat in and cooks the seeds far more.

I don't use hemp in my paricle mix so I don't know if hemp will split when cooked in this way. I used to cook hemp as a kid by putting it in a vacuum flask overnight with boiling water and that split OK. I will try it with my freezer box methosd and see what happens.

A Wayne

Reaction score
I use the flask method for my hemp and find it lots easier and more effective than boiling.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

Not sure about this leaving it for 24 hours. I do it a week before hand and leave it until it begins to ferment.

However I do give it a boil, not long, say 10 mins then into the plastic bucket and lid on. Into the garage and pick it up again 5 days later before I go.

I also drain off the bulk of any remaining liquid and stick that in the feezer in tubs. I then use this for mixing method mix when I use it.