Teneriffe

Alan Roe

Reaction score
I'm due to go to Teneriffe to a place called Puerto del Santiago or summat simmilar Have any of yopu got any ideas about the fishing in this area???

R

Ron Troversial Clay

What do you want to go there for Alan?

What's wrong with Alaska?

T

The Monk

Teneriffe, there two carp lakes in the montains with 30s in them, cant remember their names of exact locations though

Alan Roe

Reaction score
S' not me Ron the wife wants to go and to be fair she tolerates my fishing and the motorbikes so I had to give way on this one! But I'm still intending on packing a rod...

S

Stu Whalley

trips to the carp lakes wee advertised all over last time i went there but not sure how serious they are maybe more for the holidaymakers rather than serious fishing although if my memory is right quite a few offered your money back if you didnt catch!!
Sea fishing isnt bad anywhere on the coast just follow the locals!!

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
Lots of small Species off the rocks and along the coastline (including what looked to be very large mullet?) but don't be tempted to fish from the harbours because I believe it is an offence.
Getting bait is a problem, but I found that many of these species responded to a small pinch of bread.
There are plenty of Big Game charters that are pretty cheap. You will be able to book these through your hotel guide. Unfortunately I can't tell you any more cos 'she' wouldn't let me go and had me ball chained to the poolside for most of the trip after I was caught red handed chatting up the local seniorita's.

S

Stu Whalley

be carefull with the fishing charters as some of them are nothing more than a boat ride with beer and a rod hanging of the back definitely not for people who want to serious fish and the one we went on seemed to definitely have different safety standards than here in uk ( you get a bit worried when its blowing a gale,rough seas and the skipper puts on the only visible life jacket and locks himself in the cabin leaving everyone else to hang on to anything) but there are some good charters. The best one we found was in los christianos with the worst above from porto colon near las americas sorry but cant remember the names.