Fishfinders

R

Robin Badocha

Can anyone please provide information about fishfinders?

Are they used exclusively for boat fishing or can they be used from the bank as well?

Robin

D

Dan Sales

Robin,
I fish the river Ebro in Spain for Big Cats and yes i do use it from a boat. Using it mostly to find features rather than fish, but i have attempted to use it from the bank and found it very difficult as you need an awfully long extention pole to attach the head to. If you would like any other info just write back and i'll see what i can do.

Dan.Sales

R

Robin Badocha

Thanks Dan,

I fish mainly canals which aren't that deep but have a fairly high bank in places so I suspect that they won't be suitable for my sort of fishing.

R

R

Rob Brownfield

Robin, there is a fishfinder on the market that has a side scan unit. This allows u to peer under bushes, bridges, jetties etc. Its not cheap however and as u may have seen by Dans reply, its more useful for finding features rather than fish. I use a finder when after pike and Ferow and for the first few trips i would spot a fish, and then try and catch it. Now I find features and troll along or over them. The catch rate has improved no end!

I think u would be better off not buying one for a canal and rely on watercraft and a plumbing rod.