Rod Licencing

N

nathan hill 1

I know I am about to start WWIII here but is not oblivious that more people are finding the rise each year a bit of a liberty??

I fish most weekends on the river which is free to licence holders and I have only ever been asked twice this season.

If people could see what really happens to the extra cash then may be more people would be prepared to part with it!

How about a TV programme or something? May be on one of the many Fishing programmes that are on.

Most of the work on my local rivers is done by volunteers. It is very rarely I see an EA van Down there.

Why not put the cost up a ?1 and say you can have three rods.

Ok I'm going to run now as this could get out of hand.

F

Frothey

i dont have a problem with the cost - it used to be that if you fished around a bit you needed four or five different rod licences, now you only need one, so for me its cheaper. i do think the third rod should be cheaper, as theres not many where you can fish four (or would want to!)

N

nathan hill 1

I Don't you think that if they showed us were our money was going (it better be towards fishing things) that people would pay more?

They seem happy prosecution people for the fines but not addressing the issue properly.

Why don't they start issing day licences on the bank... meet half way here.

So times its hard to get to a post office bby 12pm on a saturday if you only decide that day. Would cause less confrontation with EA officers and then They would not be threatern to be thrown in the lake.

Agree you done wrong let them issue the licence for the third rod alls happy people continue with the sport for years to come.

J

John McLaren

I think the rod licence is fair value and the publicity stuff HAS been done on several of the angling programmes - Tight Lines for example.

Purchasing your annual licence is much easier than for many years with Direct Debit and purchase via internet as well as through Post Offices.

When you consider the amount of bank space to be covered and the relatively small manpower resources it is not surprising you don't often see EA bailiffs.

J

jason fisher

the bailifs like commercial fisheries in late spring early summer, why slog along miles of river bank to find one bloke who'se got a licence when you can get 5 or 6 with no licence for a short walk.

L

Les Clark

Spread the cost over 365 day`s and then see if you have cause to moan.

C

Coops

It always amazes me when people say the rod license is expensive. Most of us spend hundreds of pounds on tackle, as much as the license fee every couple of weeks on bait etc. but moan about 20 odd quid for the license itself!

If pollution were to hit your favourite stretch of water, who would you call and expect to clean up and restock? The EA, that's who! Look at the rod license more as an insurance policy rather than a fee to fish. For this alone it would still be cheap at double the price!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or better still, employ more bailifs and hike the cost of your licence up accordingly.