Fishing silt

C

Cliff Parkin

I have fished a very silty estate lake for the last two years with not much to show for it and have got a week coming up, any ideas for presentation,bait etc you can use a boat to put bait in but not to drop your hook bait.Many thanks

O

Ozz

Check out the archives....Stu did a rig for fishing in silt last year I think it was.

R

Rich Halliday

Hi cliff, i to fish silty waters and i copy danny fairbrass modifyed helicopter rig. all you do is drop the lead off the helicopter using about a foot of 15lb mono. then use a pva bag, preferbly funnel web filled with trout or halibut pellet. fix to the hook, but dont forget to feather the cast down so the lead can go down through the silt and not get tangled. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON, i garantee you wont be disapointed.

C

Cliff Parkin

Thanks Rich, Where can I see this rig or could you give details?

CRAZY carper

Reaction score
I saw the rig on one of his videos, but i cant remember what one (sorry). Picture the shape of a T . Youve got your main line joined to a korda helicopter, then tie a foot long piece of mono off the bottom. Atatch ur lead to this (HEAVIER THE BETTER), then atatch your hooklink to the other end of the helicopter. It should be in the shape of a T. But remember to feather the cast down so the Bait gos further than the lead. Doing this stops tangles when it splashes down, so you've got complete confidence in your presentation.

C

Carp Angler

A standard silt rig, would be a helicopter rig with the top stop moved up so that the rig can travel up and not be plugged in the silt.
If you know the depth of the silt, then move the bottom stop up to that position.

C

Cliff Parkin

Thanks for all this, what about feature finding in silt as the lake I fish does not seem to have any diffrence in depth or bars etc how would you go about setting a trap?

O

Ozz

I would spend a bit of time watching the water and noting any regular spots that the fish seem to inhabit and show themselves on, also look for them feeding in certain areas, the're maybe a food source in the silt ie bloodworm beds etc

carp mat

Reaction score
i think its the round ball leads that dont sink in to the silt as far try to find shalow areas of silt buy using a pole and the boat

C

Cakey

I use white wool to find the depth of silt.
how do you lot do it ?