New baby

R

Rich Halliday

Hi every 1 im fairly new to this site and i think its great. Been carp fishing for years so any questions are more than welcome. Will put a pic on soon so you can see who ur talkin to. Oh yeah g/friend found out shes pregnant today, Im over the moon its better than catchin a 30lb common when evry one else blanked,lol. Hope to see sum of you on the banks prety soon, coz summers comin gents, WUHOOOOOOOOO :)

C

Carp Angler

if you've got a baby on the way, then you either kiss goodbye to session fishing or your relationship with the girlfriend.

I assume we'll see questions from you about how to maximise the 2 hours you get before work ..........

Enda Hickey

Reaction score
Congrats !!!
Take it from me, I became a father for the first time just under 6 months ago to two beautiful girls.
Get as much fishing in now as you will find it hard to go when the baby arrives.
I have only been out twice since the middle of August and I was a 3 to 4 times a week angler. I was even on the Irish team and I had to step down from the team just 4 weeks before the 6 Nations and I have possibly knocked back my chances of getting back on the team for a year or two.
But, I love being a father, I still keep in touch with all my mates and recently I came so close to jacking it all in and selling my kit. But I am ok now and I have started to get some carp gear together and plan to get myself a few good sized carp this year.
As I live it Ireland getting a 20 will be like getting a 50 in the UK.
Enjoy your time while you can, but fatherhood does change you a lot.

R

Rich Halliday

You probably wont believe me but my soon to be wife is the best. She loves nite fishing, shes caught an 8lb carp while i was asleep once, and she says that i can go whenever i like coz i only work at weekends. Which means i can go at least 1 day aweek and a nite if im lucky.

L

Les Clark

Good luck to you Rich and to your good lady,and I hope you get all the fishing in that you expect to,but come back and let us know how it is when the baby`s about 4 month`s old .

CRAZY carper

Reaction score
Yeah i know what u mean Les its all smiles at the moment. I am at present in the middle of an aplication to start field testing for Kevin Nash, so hopefully if im sucessfull ill have to go fishing regular, and there wont be no arguing about it.

John Frankland

Reaction score
Hi Rich

My wife had our first child six months ago. I used to fish three times a week including one 48hr session. I'm lucky if I wet a line once a month now, Pah! Hopefully I will be able to get out more in the coming months. Congratulations on your happy news.

John

C

Carp Angler

can you say why you've chosen Nash or was it a mass application and he was the only thumbs up?

CRAZY carper

Reaction score
Yeah the reason i chose Nash was a good friend of mine from Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire already works for them. I also like there products and have never had any trouble or problems. He has gone from field testing when ever he could get out, to now working as a bait and tackle designer/tester. He also gets paid but im not sure how much, oh yeah he gets free trips to spain, France and i think eastern europe, working with the Nash team.

F

Frothey

not turning this into a witch hunt but:

Rod: Shimano
Reel: Shimano
Tackle: Fox
Luggage: JRC
Clothing: Other
Accessories: Nash

"I also like there products "

not sure kev'll like the fox tackle thing.....sounds like i've got more nash stuff than you have......except bait ;)

S

simon hall

Hi Rich, Firstly congratulations to you and your good lady.

My wife is also pregnant and expecting our first child at the start of july. I am still trying to work out when I am gonna squeeze in some fishing time???

Crazy Carper good luck on the field testing, keep us updated on the new gear etc.

B

Budgie Burgess

Rich,Ive just become a Dad again at 43! DOH!You will love it.Doesnt have to muck your fishing up that much,just need to change the way you aproach it a bit.

Didnt realise Nash feild tested their products........judging from some Ive seen/used!

So you can be a full time bait/tackle tester now can you??????Good luck with your dream Crazy Carper hope its all what you think it will be.