AT Baitboat

• Thread starter Sir Steven Blanksalot
  • Start date
S

Sir Steven Blanksalot

I am thinking of getting a bait boat and I have seen Angling Technics Standard Baitboat with flexi aerial and custom bag for about ?300 secondhand!
What are they like to use, they are obviously not gonna be as good as the Microcat, but are they still stable enough to use in bad conditions without risking a replay of the Titanic?
Also, if I bought one what extras would you recommend I get, like lights/chargers etc??

Cheers boys

J

Jon Carrington

I have had one for the last 3 years and used it in various condtions and never had a problem, Find it a very usefull bit of kit in certain circumstances, It does seam a bit slower in heavy water but quite stable.
On a water i used to fish by putting baits under a very large tree that hung out over the water, The was no way you could of cast to the spot.
Cheers Jon

J

Jon Carrington

I Have got the carry bag and flexi aerial both of which are useful, I also have the car charger and a solar panel for it which I don't think I've used yet so can't comment on that.. I fancied the getting the echo sounder fitted but have now got the smartcast one which can be towed behind the boat and is a lot cheaper.

Cheers Jon