Your Most Embarrassing Moment

K

Kevan Martin 2

Hi All,

A couple of weeks ago I was privileged to witness a very embarrassing moment for a fellow angler in my section during a match.

This guy had been sacking all day on small roach and I estimated his catch at 10lb+. Come the weigh in I was winning the section with 8lb 7oz with only this guy to weigh. He pulled his net out and to his dismay there were only 3 roach left in it for a grand total of 1lb 2oz. The moral of the story is to check your net for mice / rat holes before sinking it, the only reason that he had some fish left were because they were too big to fit through the hole.

He was one very angry guy as he had only bought the net a week before and his team lost out to ours by 1 point.

Oh well, tell us your bad stuff.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

Actually mine was at the FM Keith Culley Memorial match last year. Sitting in the swim next to the great man himself (thats Graham before any others make claim) I was some what nervous as I had never quivered on a lake before, and especially not using a method feeder.

So, having cast out, clipped up, marked my line (as my book told me) and happy that I was going to hit the same spot, I was ready.

When the hooter went off out went my first cast. To my dismay the feeder was clean when it landed. As I turned round and looked at Graham, a large load of scalded pellets just missed his head and landed two feet in front of him in the water.

And all I got was a big cheesy grin!

J

jason fisher

not in a match but still very embarrasing,
fishing the sheffield canal when i was about 19 i for got to stay on the bank and fell in, it was a lovely hot sunny summers day and there was absolutely no one else about so i decided to strip off and put some clothes on the bush by my side to dry off.
i was fishing across from some boats but there was obviously no one there i'd been there 4 hours and not seen any life. so i decided to quickly slip off my underwear and wring it out.
so pants in hand i stood there wringing them out when 2 grinning women appeared out of the boat straight across from me.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Watched a guy on the grand Union at Hemel Hempstead during a match. The whistle had gone but he had a fish on so was allowed 15 mins to land it, he was on the pole on something like a 3 elastic. This was a potential match winner and was played with great care, with just a couple of mins to go he had to pile on the pressure and try to land it.

It came to the net just in the nick of time, but the problem was that it was a Condom hooked nicely at the top and full of water, he swore it was gonna be a big Bream.

Laugh, I nearly fell in.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Not my moment, but a good friend of mine.

I drew next to an English friend of mine in the first match of the new season in Norway about 15 years ago.
Now this mate of mine would just throw his kit into the garage for the winter and bring it straight out and fish the first match.

The venue was a noted bream water where the best tactics were to feed heavily at the start with a catapult about 35 yeards out and then fish the feeder over the top.

As the baiting whistle went, my mate proceeded to fill it in at 35 yards, masses of ground bait went in during the 5 minute period.
Come the start whistle my friend baits up and casts out . . . . . . . .
and lands about 10 yards short as that was all the line he had on his reel :)

The look on Sean's face was pure magic.
When I stopped laughing I did lend him a fully line reel though.

M

michael rouse

i had an embarrasing moment today when i put my leg through an up lake.I arrived at the lake just before 9 o clock hoping to avoid the ice but no such luck.I got down to the lake and it was frozen solid.I checked to see how thick the ice was(i would have waited if it was thin)by throwing a rock into the lake,the ice didnt crack.I then tried to break the ice with my foot which resulted in my whole leg going in up to my waist.Two carp anglers couldnt stop laughing for the best part of two minutes and i wont mention what i thought was going to drop off.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I was taken short fishing the River Leam some years ago.

I was hiding behind a tree in the hedge when the lady NRA bailiff arrived, saw my tackle and started laughing out loud.

She knew me you see.

And it's not what you lot think.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

I had one session when I was about 16 years old on a weir which I thought was in the middle of nowhere. First it started snowing, then I was taken short with a really bad case of the runs.

For 4 hours I was backwards and forwards, no bog paper feeling really rough. When it came time for my dad to pick us up, we took a short cut towards the bridge where we were to meet. We popped out of the woods and there in front of me were the best, nicest Public Loos I have ever seen!

Gutted.....literally.