Looking for a water in north somerset

S

Stephen Shaw

Can anyone help please, I live in Weston super Mare North Somerset, I am looking for a reasonably local carp water that allows night fishing, the use of boilies, and semi fixed bolt rigs with fish to 20lb+, some big tench would be nice aswell.
I am not overkeen on overstocked, overfished comercial fisheries
Any help would be welcome
Steve s

D

Dave Bonas

It may be further than you want to travel but there is a nice lake at the Malvern Hills country park with carp to about 22lbs. I don't remember exactly how to get there apart from getting to Ledbury and then asking directions at the tackle shop in the main street. There is camping available for about 3-4 pounds per person but no facilities i.e toilets/showers and no night fishing but you can fish until about 11pm in the summer and then start again at about 5.00am. But apart from that it's an excellent water with cat food scoring well for the larger fish on simple rigs.

T

Trevor Saunders

i am a member of a small water in bridgwater somerset there are 11 members plus some static caravans that the owner lets out people that hire these can fish the carp lake but its not useally a problem if your intrested e-mail me

T

Trevor Saunders

ive been hearing about a new water near weston at kingstone iam hearing two things at the moment 1.its been dug but theres no fish in it yet
2.it costs ?20 for 24hrs and theres no fish in it under 20lbs .
i dont know if you know anything about this venue but if you get some info please get back in touch

S

Stephen Shaw

Trevor

The new pond at kingston seymour has only just been dug, As far as I know they havent stocked any fish in it yet, When they finish the landscaping it should look quite nice. As for the cost, I have no idea, but I would have thought with 2 other ponds just around the corner, they would have to be competitive

Steve

T

Trevor Saunders

ive tryed e-mailing you but it was returned the name of the water is the sedges the owner name is john regan contact number is (01278)445221 he will answer any questions you may have