Ringstead

V

Vince Battams

Wellingborough and district Nene AC around this area which i am looking to fish this week, but as yet i am unsure what species to go after. Can anyone please offer any information on any of these waters.

gordon arnold

Reaction score
hi vince i have just joined wdnac i i was told that ringstead island got some good double figured carp some 30ib+ but dont know how true it is as i yet to find out for myself if i ever find the lake as i have know full address for it only info i got was its near denford and thrapston i went out to find the lakes to today and i found willow brook lakes instead in islip wich i never knew was there but back to fishing i always put 2 rods out for the big carp and play about with a waggler wich is good for suprises coz u never know whats gunna take the bait

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Gordon.....Ringstead island is on the outskirts of Ringstead.Drive past the small cemetry (in ringstead) as if you were heading towards Gt Addington.You should see a big lake on your right....straight ahead of you when the road bends to the right is Ringstead Grange trout fishery.Take the lane that leads to the fishery entrance,carry on past it and lane takes you down to the "Ringstead Island fishery".

There is a lockable gate so you will need to buy a key for you to drive in and park up safely.

Check your membership book for details.

I haven`t fished there for a few years but i know there is some excellent sport to be had down there....a bit of something for everyone.

Well worth the membership fee.

gordon arnold

Reaction score
hi nick thanks for the help i know i head to ringstead but not sure how to get towards ringstead.do i drive through islip

lol yes member ship is well worth the money if i can find the lakes but i sure i will by the weekend cheers

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
From Islip,drive over thebridge which goes over the Nene,that takes you into Thrapston.

Just past the garage/car dealership on your right,is a mini roundabout.Turn right here and keep on going,this road takes you through Denford and then to Ringstead.

gordon arnold

Reaction score
nice thanks nick i drove through islip the other day ended up at willowbrook lakes been told there some good doubles in there aswell but it doesnt look like a spot i would fish its flooded swamped with mud and over head branches so you cant realy wack ur rods out.hopeing to fish ringstead this coming weekend with my bro maybe see u on the banks some day

tight lines

thanks for the help