Bread and Cheese paste HELP please

Richard Savage

Reaction score
I am interested in making bread paste and cheese paste. Quantities, methods and best ingredients to use.
Can anyone please help?
Thanks in advance.

<?))))><.???`?.R1k?.???`?.?><((((?>

S

Shrek

You might find some help HERE

I think there are links at the bottom to other recipes on this site.

Richard Savage

Reaction score
Thanx 4 th@ Adrian.
I have read through this column and found it to be of some use for mashed bread. I must say though that the frozern bread footballs seems like a good idea, but you would have to get the ball to sink rater fast for it to stay in your swim.

P

Phil Hackett 2

Richard have a lok at this thread
http://www.fishingmagic.com/forum/forummessages/mps/dt/4/UTN/7412/srchdte/0/V/1/SP/

Or try this recipe, 4 large slices of white bread, 2oz of blue cheese a tablespoonful of vegetable oil, wiz in a blender until ingredients are well mixed. Need into a large ball then split into two balls & leave in the fridge until needed. The longer its left in fridge the smellier it becomes and the more attractive it becomes to chub.

Graham we really need that search facility mate, it took me nearly an hour to find the link manually.

Richard Savage

Reaction score
Thanx Phil, for your recomendation, the link provided some insight, and some good advice on this matter.
I have made some cheese paste, using egg instead of oil and Danish blue. What a right mess that makes, but it comes together, eventually. I now have a paste, of sorts it still has a few small lumps of cheese in though. Will be giving it a try today, along with another paste I have made up;
2 small eggs
6 slices of white bread, (crusts cut off)
2 tbs of Tumeric powder.

I mixed the powder with the egg, then tore the bread into inch size chunks and added this to the mix, (it was starting to smell like Ghandi`s curry house by this time.)
Then knead together to form the paste.
I will also be trying mince and brown liquidized bread, with strips of prime beef,(scrounged from my local takeaway.)
I will let you know how I get on (if at all) in the venue reports.

J

john conway

Rik, I make 2 types of cheese paste one exactly like Phil’s and one out of pure cheese, generally a cheddar and a blue or whatever’s going off in our lasses cheese box, with a wee bit of oil. The pure cheese paste does go rock hard in low water temps but it still seems to work. I also use a cock tail of crust and cheese paste, as in the article in last weeks “Improve Your Course Fishing” mag. When the chub are hard to hit this seems to work, or if the waters very cold and a conventional paste ball completely covering the hook will sometimes pull out of the chub’s mouth before the hook can penetrate.
I’ve never used bread paste always preferring bread flake and liquidised bread in the feeder, bread paste made with honey was a favourite for carp in the old days.
Rik are you the Rik off the Warrington site, I seem to recognise your fish sketch?

Richard Savage

Reaction score
Your spot on John, its me, one and the same.
I know you emailed me over this subject but I had to format the pc and lost everything, I have tried, unsuccessfully to recontact you via email. But I couldnt remember what to put in subject line, (so u didnt dump it.)
How you doing m8? I see that youv`e been busy with the Ribble fish in. I`m off to the Dane this afternoon, got plenty of b8, maggies, pastes, bread and meat. I`m determined to catch my first Chub, it being a 6oz chublet or a 4lber I`m not bothered, either way. But if they dont take my b8 I will be happy with any thing.

J

john conway

You got through Rik, I've sent you an email.
On my old email address, I didn't check my mail over the weekend and on Monday I'd 325 spam emails and one from Fishingmagic.
On this old address if it's not got FishingMagic, Ribble or WAA in the subject or an address I recognise it gets dumped.

Richard Savage

Reaction score
Blanked!!!
Had two cracking bites, one on beef free lining through the faster water, snapped in a snag, after doing battle to gain control. Second on cheese paste, which came off shortly after being hooked. Never mind theres always next time.
It will give me chance to practice making some different pastes. Someone mentioned peanut butter, I might try a fishy paste aswell.
HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS ON THIS?