Keith Culley Memorial Match

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Yes, it's fast approaching the annual match that's usually fished on Clattercote reservoir in April.

Mike Fidler, who did an excellent job of organising this event in the past, is no longer able to do it, so I'm looking for a new organiser who can make the match booking and take care of the running of the event, with me assisting in any way I can.

So, is there anyone who would like to volunteer?

I'd like the match to stay at Clattercote if this is possible as it is about as central as you can get for north and south. And it's popular with everyone who has attended before.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

So long as its back end April, I'll be there Graham. Probably with my brother in law and his friend, who no doubt this time will bring his scuba diving gear......or at least I hope he brings a change of clothing!

What has happened to Mike ?

C

Carp Angler

a good laugh, no pressure, catch fish, meet people.

I'll be there.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

Catch fish? I wish.....and what has happened to Mike????

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Put me and my lad down for places as we wouldn't miss it. To those who haven't been before its a great event and is always a good laugh.

J

jason fisher

michael just north of banbury, if i'm not moving to wales then i'll come along. i'll let you know a bit nearer the time.

C

Carp Angler

it's only a short trip from Wales, Cooperman made the trip several times.

J

jason fisher

it's not that kev it's the fact that i'll probably be in the middle of a move if i get this job next week.
So there won't be much spare time to do things other than packing or trying to find some where to live.

K

Kevin Perkins

So you think by hiding this thread down on Match Fishing I wouldn't find it eh? Wrong!
All being well I will try to get there.

C

Coops

As usual I'm in. Just as long as the lurgy doesn't get me this year. I got bloody tonsilitis the day before last years.

C

Coops

If Stu Dexter is coming some someone hijack his kit so someone else has a chance of winning this one.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

I am happy to organise with Clattercote and do what ever is necessary. The only proviso is that I have to avoid any time during the Easter holidays. I think that means it would have to be 24th April ??

If the preference is the Easter Bank holiday then I may be doubtful.

Suggest everyone starts posting their preferences.

C

Carp Angler

can't do 24th, 1st of May would be better but don't let that stop you.

what about putting all days up here and majority rules?
Obviously Grahams vote counts as ten.

choosing from:

10th April (easter weekend)
17th April (last weekend of easter hols)
24th April
1st May

C

Coops

I would prefer to go to 1 may if only because we have had crap weather in April previously. But I'm happy to just turn up whenever really, I don't think I have any restrictions.

T

Tony Wainwright (Twainy)

1st of May for me.
If its half as good as the 3 lakes fish in it will be great.
Anyone got any info on the venue?

J

jason fisher

april was hot last year.
may 1st is probably best for me too.