Internet vs Print

cb

Admin
Reaction score
Peter Crabtree said in another thread

TBH Steve, I don't think there's room for another mag. There are so many established ones and the readership is fairly limited. With the internet becoming more and more accessible to everyone, even some of the most established publications may(will) eventually become internet based.

Even today, to find all the stories we are interested in we can log on to plenty of sites/fora and read what we want to read without pages of adverts and fishing that doesn't particularly interest us.........

Sites like this one have been around for over a decade. Not that many years ago it did seem like the Internet was taking over. Some of the big players were dipping their toes in the water, occasionally getting them burnt (mixing my metaphors!), but there seems to have been a consolidation/contraction of websites.

But in the fishing world the emphasis seems to be swinging the other way, or is it just me?

Some long standing angling writers did have a go at internet writing a few years ago but they seem to have stopped yet continue in the mags/papers. The quantity of new internet articles generally seems to be less than previously - I wonder why this is?

We've discussed this before but perhaps the recession has had an impact?