Stonze

MJ

Reaction score
I love Pallatrax Stonze, great idea, but they are a bit expensive as I go through a lot (fish snaggy swims a lot), so I want to make my own.
Has anyone done the same or have any tips on how to go about drilling holes in pebbles.. would I need a special drill? I'm guessing Araldite would hold the swivel in place ok?

C

Carp Angler

have never drilled them, but have araldited tubing to them to make inlines

F

Frothey

masonary drill bit and a vice. limestones easier to drill than most (obviously)

MJ

Reaction score
Cheers frothey, I thought as much, clearly not getting enough out of my powertools

C

Cakey

You could leave running water on a stone for 5.25376 million years

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I most try using big Trent pebbles sometime. There's plenty of them and using them sounds very environmentally friendly, dosn't it?

Headless carper

Reaction score
You'll cause the flow to wash away the banks causeing widespread damage, flooding, death to the unsuspecting populace, giving fishing anti's more amo', get fishing banned through all EU countries, a lifetime sentance or death through electric chair for anyone found with a fishing rod, just for the sake of saving a few quid, by taking stones from the bank of the Trent...

Sounds reasonable to me.

Headless carper

Reaction score
PS been making them myself since about 83/4 by tying braid around a stone, like you would a bow, but without the pretty ribbon, tying the ends to a swivel and gluing all the braid all the way round... once in a blue moon it may work loose, but you just pick up another stone, no cost...

C

Cakey

Dont fish opposite the headless one .....unless you want to be headless toooooooooooo

Headless carper

Reaction score
Had enough of big females...
They end up bending mi bed chair???
And they eat all mi food...

B

Budgie Burgess

Try a search for lapidary (sp?) or lapidermery (sp?) Its making jewellrey out of stones.that should give you info on drilling.

J

jason fisher

the trent is an excellent river for all sorts of fish so sod off frothey.