Classic Carp Fishing

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron Troversial Clay

Over to all you carp anglers.

Are there any places you know of where one can persue carp in the classic way?

That is: floating breadcrust, margin fishing, stalking, freelining or enen float fishing.

No I do not possess Mk IVs and Mitchells, only FM Concepts and Stradics but these are the sorts of tools I would like to use. And the carp do not have to be monsters, say plenty of doubles with an outside chance of a 20 pounder. Nice clean lean carp too, without boilie guts.

Ideas anyone?

Are there any of you who still persue carp in this way?

F

Frothey

most lakes ron, its just most are too blinkered to look under their feet.....

J

jason fisher

there's lots ron
baileys had a few carp in years ago so i don't see why they wouldn't still be there and it's only just down the road from you.
whelford pools respons well to floaters or there's troublesome 8lb tench there too.
there's also a place on the edge of lincoln that has some good stalking oportunities but i can't remember it's name it's got a big ghost carp in it which is a lovely sight when that head glides up throught the weed to your bait shame i missed it on the strike.

jp

Reaction score
Ghost carp? Bl**dy heretic, it's got to be an authenticated wildie...

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
The Red Spinners do have a water just like that. There is also a Trout water near me which fits the bill and they go to 40+.

They are out there you just need to find em then get access.

J

jason fisher

authenticated wildie, i've never seen a wildie that's not authenticated never mind one that is.
john, that ghostie despite what anyone may think of them is one of the best looking fish that i've ever seen in the water.

N

Nick Austin 2

loads of classic fishing down this way ron...... oooops!...

J

jason fisher

jp's john or at least he was last time he had his name up on the screen so unless he's changed it recently then he probably still is isn't that right john.

C

Chris Bishop

I'm surprised how few people fish the Delph for its carp. I imagine these are fish orginally brought along as livebaits or their descendants - unlike nmost Fen drains it's clear in summer and you can see them cruising about. Long time since I've fished for carp but they're long and lean-looking and I'd guess the biggest at around 20s with a lot of singles and doubles. I'll happily pass on where I've seen them if anyone PM's me. Regards, CB.